Subject Author Posted Replies

OT-NOT POLITICAL
You wouldn't want this playing in the background while you cut dovetails. :-) Tommy Johnson - you ain't gonna believe this one! Tommy Johnson plays boogie woogie. An amazing pianist. Plays...
10
10

What is it? Set 296
This week's collection of photos has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
13
13

Update on cutting half laps
Well, I went to Lee Valley Tools and picked up the Kreg Mitre Gauge Tuesday. Cost $169 CA before taxes. I briefly considered the Incra Mitre 1000SE which was exactly the same price. However the Incra...
7
7

Sharpening a Forstner bit?
I have a large (3.5") Forstner bit that has lost its edge. Is there a DIY way to sharpen it, or is this something that must be done by a professional? It looks like I might be able to hone the teeth...
12
12

O/T: Senior Moment (figured you could relate)
Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------------------- $5.37. That's what the kid behind the counter at Taco Bell said to me. I dug into my pocket and pulled out some lint and two dimes and...
17
17

Sanding the round parts
I've got some slats that I've routed the edges on. It's time to sand all 16 of them (that's 64 edges) and I'm looking for an easier way to do it than holding the sand paper in my hand (and cramping...
18
18

joiner/planer combo
Please need your advise on new joiner and plane for my shop. Was looking online at the Grizzly G0675 combo. One of the most important things is ease of changing and aligning new blades. Your input...
5
5

Off Topic: New Use For Superglue - Ouch
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/aug/04/philanderer-has-penis-superglued========
6
6

Police Stolen Goods Auction Site / Tools
One of last night's news shows did a segment about an online auction site. It's set up to auction off recovered stolen property (for which the owners are not known) and property seized by police....
1
1

Yype of elevation handle
Looking at a Griz 8" jointer. All close in price, (carbide insert cutters). One has a wheel to adjust height, another has a lever. Which is better? Thanks
8
8

Do you prefinish your projects (online poll)
I assembled my latest project (a blanket chest) yesturday and I contemplated prefinishing it before glue-up. This should make glue clean up a lot easier. I can see two potential problems with this: 1)...
18
18

Little gloat
Goodbye shavings and, I hope, goodbye much of the dust. Picked up a Jet 1182 DC for $70 off CL. Now if I can figure out where to stash this puppy in the shop ... Larry
2
2

Kudo to LN
As the email string below indicates, Lie Nielsen has support that's as good as their planes. Less than 24 hours from inquiry to response, and a great response too. I'm just a satisfied LN customer,...
1
1

OT:It's the end of the world as we (at our house) know it.
Introducing a whole new batch of 9-week-old terror >>>> Moxy. Maltese mix. Funny, because Ang & I have always been larger dog people. This furball is way too much fun. Say hello to:
31
31

BIG Lathe!
I saw this today. They have a lathe for turning ships masts, up to 122 feet long. is the shop where this work is done. out to make all you pen turners feel like wimps!
2
2