Subject Author Posted Replies

Thompson's Water Seal
Is it any good, or just hype. nb
43

O/T: Kiss And Make Up
Enjoy Lew -------------------------------------------------------- The election is over. It is time to repair friendships with the other party. Former Governor Sarah Palin is doing her part to do just...
5
5

Looking for hanging file rails- special situation
The desk my predecessor at work chose is a nice big cherry corner piece with cabinets and drawers. The file drawers have plastic rails *sitting on top of the sides* for hanging files. They are pretty...
7
7

OT a little. The Big Deck
If you don't have a big deck you may not appreciat this. Jeff Foxworthy and Drew Carey with other Blue Collar Guys. HILL-FRIKKIN-LAARIUOS!
7
7

PING: Morris - SpaceClaim
a bit on "SpaceClaim"
10
10

Interesting Machine - Orton Model No. F. Variable Tilt Ship Shaper
Bought at an auction but know little about the machine. Apparently the spindle runs at up to 10k rpm and will produce a finished edge on a piece of aluminum, masonite, etc 6" thick! Only 4" thick if...

Cyber Mystery
This is sorta OT, but I've left it unlabeled. I started to do a design in Sketchup a while back, and used the add-on CutList. CutList generates what its name implies: a list of cut pieces that are...
31
31

Sapele finishing experience?
I got what looked like a deal on 4/4 and 5/4 rough shorts (4 feet) of Sapele. I noticed it on a pallet on sale for $3.50 bf as I was leaving a supplier. They had one piece planed down and the sparkle...
1
1

OT: Les Ford. RIP
Who else could have imagined a solid body guitar? mac Please remove splinters before emailing
50
50

14" Delta BS - Motor Replacement Question
I don't think the motoer that came with my Delta 14" BS is pulling its weight/doing the job. I recall a friend (now out of touch) replaced his BS motor with a 2HP motor and, subsequently, swore by it...
13
13

Scam alert
It's been a while since I heard from this guy in Ghana, and this time he was shopping for table saws... :) Server is (41.218.207.11) in Accra. Claims to be Bryan Morgan in Washington State.

Attitude chair
The designer says this: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Enough with trying to reform teenagers. Here's a design by Deger Cengiz called the "Attitude Chair," which he says, "is developed for teens...
6
6

Bandsaw tension gauge
My birthday is coming. My usual gift to me is some sort of tool that I need but haven't bought yet. I am thinking of a bandsaw tension gauge. The Iturra folks have one for $150. All others are way...
10
10

What is it? Set 297
I need help identifying two of the tools this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
19
19

Plane from auction
I went to an auction today and bought a small box of stuff labeled "primitive tools" for $15. The plane is what I was most interested in from the box, it is: (Stanley) Bailey, 9", seems to be in...
9
9