Subject Author Posted Replies

Totally Off Topic: Big Homebuilt Motorcycle
Totally crazy big bike. I saw it and decided to share. Caution: Reasonable folks may get upset.
2
2

Read directions! -- sometimes
Like most of you I rarely "read, follow, and understand" the directions on chemicals or tools. SWMBO just bought herself a new dining room set and piece of packing tape left behind a residue. I bought...
8
8

O/T: The Cruise
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------ DEAR DIARY. DAY ONE All packed for the cruise ship - all my sexiest dresses and make-up. Really excited. DEAR DIARY. DAY TWO Entire day...

OT (funny): Coming up on the outside.....
thought it was funny, anyway. -Zz
1
1

Mini gloat or hosed?
On a whim, on eBay, I bid on a new Jet Micro Glide Fence with 52" rails and won it for $43 + $31 shipping. It says it is for a contractor or hybrid saw. I am "hoping" I get lucky and I can somehow fit...

Masonite Hardboard - which blade to use
I "lucked into" thirty or more five foot by nine foot Masonite boards - dark dense 1/4" thick. I cut a few with a thin kerf carbide blade and then started having troubles - blade (on worm drive...
31
31

Reconditioned Tools
I have no reason to post this link other than to pass on a site that I found several months ago and thought you may be interested. If you have not heard of the company, CPO outlets, they sell...
6
6

O/T: Tractor Square Dancing
Talk about knowing how to use your tools.
23
23

Tips for an organized workshop
Get down to Staples, or Office Depot this week. It's probably the last week, they will have back-to-school supplies. I use pencil boxes (those large translucent plastic things) to hold small screw...
33
33

golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
found in woodworking newsgroup John and Helen met while on vacation, and John fell head over heels in love with her. And, after a couple of weeks in which John took Helen out to various dance clubs,...
4
4

Hell hath no fury....
Spotted on Craig's List with a photo of a big rolling toolbox: "I am selling my husbands toolbox while he is out living out a middle aged crisis." I don't know if it's for real, but it's probably best...
2
2

REVIEW - Black & Decker SC1400 14.4v Lithium Ion Drill Kit - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, just finished the latest review: it helps! Regular woodworkers will know the frustrations often associated with clamping 90 degree corners, or holding shelves or tops/bottoms onto cabinet...
5
5

RE: Saw Horse
This saw horse is listed in Mother Earth. Built several, worked quite well. Make sure to follow cut list, there is almost 100% utilization of 2x4s. http://tinyurl.com/moplnxLew...
24
24

Why I hate Norm Abrams
Well, I don't personally hate him. Don't even know the guy. But that's the title of the latest piece by one of my favorite columnists in the /Berkeley Daily Planet/, Matt Cantor, local owner of a...
121
121

Storage Shed Plans or CAD?
I never use plans for my furniture projects, but I find that I may need some for this. I want to build a shed in my backyard and I'm looking for some detailed plans (willing to pay for them). If you...
7
7