Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: Atlanta Airport
You gotta love this one if you have flown in/out of Atlanta or even if you've never lived in the South or flown in/out of Atlanta. Some of you will enjoy this more than others.. Southerners can be so...
35
35

O/T: Good Grief Gertrude
A week ago today there was a brush fire in Pales Verdes (L/A burb) which was extinguished with minimal damage. Just announced another fire has broken out in Pales Verdes. This time the "Super...
19
19

OT: - Fallujah FIght
Fallujah Fight A U.S. Marine squad was marching north of Fallujah when they came upon an Iraqi terrorist, badly injured and unconscious. On the opposite side of the road was an American Marine in a...
23
23

O/T: Chuckle
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------- While the C-5 was turning over its engines, a female crewman gave the G.I.s on board the usual information regarding seat belts, emergency...

OT - BBQ Invite in NJ
Off topic, I know... But I do eventually want to meet some folks I talk to here and there so... My company is sponsoring this event and I'm also the promoter. Conflict of interest? Nah. No profit for...

What is it? Set 300
This week I need some assistance with the second last item, number 1715: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
14
14

Outdoor finish for cypress
Hello Wreckers, Executive summary: What have you used on cypress outdoors with good results? Long version: I have built an Adirondack chair using the popular "Jake's Chair" plan. (Whatever happened to...
5
5

Tom Rush - Woodworker
To all my fellow woodworkers . .. a good friend of the wreck and close pal of mine passed away this past Monday. Tom Rush was a man with the skilled hands of a master and the patience of none other....
2
2

Weldon Shank Tooling
I'm quoting a product to a potential customer and he mentioned "Weldon Shank" tooling. Now... I'm familiar with a 10mm OD round shank tool that has a flat for two set screws... But I've never called...
3
3

O/T: Texas Midget
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------- The testicles of a Texas midget hurt and ached almost all the time. The midget went to the doctor and told him about his problem. The...
6
6

[SOLVED] Twisted Rope Molding Install Advice
Ok I got all the crown installed and only one ceiling was a problem. Now I have the twisted rope to install. Any advice on cutting the 45 or 22-1/2 angles on this stuff. Its asymmetrical and I think...
6
6

Stuff at tomorrow's auction
I went and previewed the tools: They Have a (Stanley) Bailey #8 plane (24") in excellent conditon. I've own it's 9" and 14" cousins, I wonder whether I need this one? I know it's called a "jointer",...
29
29

Workshop photos
I'm always interested in seeing other shops with the assorted tools, jigs and fixtures. Sometimes these show up in APBW but I'm wondering if there's a better spot. There are a few hits when I search...
7
7

OT: Fire photo on APBW
I posted a rather striking photo of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the fires behind it. Note that it is raining pitchforks and hammer handles here. Hope some of it goes further west. mahalo, jo4hn
3
3

20" industrial Thickness Planer
No Affiliation, I just thought someone in this group might be interested. I'm not even sure if it's a great deal or not....