Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Metric
..and by 'We Like that'..I, of course, mean that we think it is funny.........*smirk*

Re: Metric
When the Michiganians look at the weather channel and see that it is 70 in Port Huron Michigan and 20 in Sarnia Ontario...a lot of them stay home. We like that.
10
10

Re: Metric
Een ons vlees. was 100 gram/ 500 gram 'een pond'. My grandfather always talked about 'duim' (thumb)..I guess about an inch. At our house in The Netherlands, the indoor temp was always in degrees F....
2
2

Re: Metric
LOL...not so! I drive at 100 K on the highway or 50 K in town, 40 K at a school zone.. In normal conversation: " I drove a buck-twenty most of the way here." We never speak of millimeters..we speak of...
2
2

Yellow glue or ??? for Adirondack chair?
I thought I read somewhere that dampening the surfaces a bit will keep very dry wood from soaking up too much of the glue (expoy) leaving a starved joint. I think sanding would make things worse. It...
62
62

Re: Metric
I can expect to seem some aircraft-hangar walls flying overhead soon?
2
2

Angled Dovetails
I'm wondering if any of the dovetail jigs out there can cut dovetails at an angle. What I'd like to make is a box with angled sides - that is, the opening at the bottom is smaller than the opening at...
9
9

Re: Metric
An aldulterated stud or an unadulterated one?
1
1

Re: Metric
Oddly, there's an old answer to this, from Russia. "Govno c smetanoi" or somesuch, a common expression meaning crap with sour cream... It predates the internet, but is SO well suited to describe...

Re: Metric
I need more info. Whose tongue in whose cheek? Which cheek..come on.. I'm trying to understand.. =0)

Re: Metric
Then what is an adulterated joke?

Re: Metric
I'm still trying to figure out what adulterated horseshit is. :-}
1
1

Re: Metric
That is an explanation I can live with.

Re: Metric
Too bad it's wrong. A pint is 1/8 of a gallon or 20 ounces. A gallon of water (a real one, not the wimpy American kind) is 10 lbs., so one eighth of 10 lbs is not one pound. Same goes for the silly...
25
25

Tablesaw comparison/buying guide
Greetings all, I would like to start getting a good grasp on what I would be looking for in a first-time tablesaw purchase. And by "tablesaw" I mean anything from a traditional saw in a table with...
51
51