Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 302
1728 is a cannon of some sort. Possibly ceremonial (i.e. the kind of thing a yacht club would use to fire a salute when hoisting colors). Not sure about 1723, but it's clear that the three prongs with...
28
28

O/T: AstraWeb Users
What is the news reader of choice for those of you who use AstraWeb? Lew
5
5

sheet storage
What do you use for sheet good storage? I have 15+ sheets up against the wall (after a move). I'd like to store them in some moveable way. My ceilings are 8'-1" so need to store lengthwise to the...
13
13

Rigid table saw recall
Saw this today on Rigid's website: Name of product: Ridgid 10=94 Table Saws Units: About 3,000 Distributor: One World Technologies Inc., of Anderson, S.C. Hazard: The table saw=92s arbor shaft can...
27
27

vacuum pumps
Anyone have experience with this model? Pro's?/con's? Harbor Freight is usually not my first choice, but I'm looking there now. vacuum pump model #98076-2vga. 2.5cfm, rotary-vane
19
19

Re: Metric
Some American built cars are metric, some not. It's been that way for over thirty years. The body of my (Ford) Ranger is metric and the engine SAE. My '74 (Ford) Rustang-II was the opposite.

Re: Metric
[snipped a whole bunch of stuff] It will be interesting to see now that GM has sold controlling interest to European Opel brand to a Canadian company. GM used metric in Europe, but not here? Ford...
1
1

REVIEW - GemRed Digital Angle Rule - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, Latest review is up of the GemRed "Quick 360" Digital Angle Rule. it helps! The Dowelmax Kit makes solid, exact joints of practically any arrangement from 3/4"x3/4" to 4"x4" of any length,...

Picture frames
I'm not new to woodworking, but have not done a lot of picture frames. I can construct a frame with tight angles and all that, but I have problem when I need to secure the glass, picture and backing...
4
4

Scroll Saw Recommendations
Greatly depends on the amount of money you have to spend. Take a look at DeWalt, not the best/worst.
15
15

Wood fungus
It's what's for music. "Empa researcher Francis Schwarze's "biotech violin" dared to go head to head in a blind test against a stradivarius [sic] - and won! A brilliant outcome for the Empa violin,...

Sawdust
While cleaning up the shop today, I had a bunch of time to think. (Sweeping requires very little mental activity.) So, while shoveling pilefuls of saw dust into a bucket, I started to wonder about...
26
26

Wednesday Auction
I see a No. 6 plane will be auctioned locally. It just says No. 6 in front of the knob. I couldn't locate any other proprietary marks (maybe it was made by Stanley for the Bridge Tool Co.)? doesn't...
8
8

Best face shield?
It's time to replace my old cheapie clunky full face shield. Looking for recommendations for a comfortable, durable shield. Some I see have an anti-fog coating. Do these work? Mine tends to fog (and...
2
2

OMG Woodworking Tip's
Ok this is pretty simple but works flawlessly. I was cutting tennons on the TS and had the rip fence set as my guide for the length of the tennon. Of course the tennons were about 125/256" long, not...
6
6