Subject Author Posted Replies

Any Carving Tips On Staunton Style Knights?
I'm taking a whack at one today and wondered who has been down this road before. Regards, Tom Watson
4
4

Toronto Woodworking Machinery Show.
One way to spend a day. A lot of new materials for kitchen acrylic doors were a big hit. Some gorgeous laminates. Most of you have seen this system. I decided to pay attention this time. Pretty cool....
3
3

Powermatic PM 3000 TS-Opinions
I have been fruitlessly searching the net and forums looking for reviews on the Powermatic PM 3000 14: TS, 1 Phase 5HP. I have an opportunity to upgrade from my DeWalt 746x for a rather small...
23
23

Engineered flooring got really wet
After Hurricane IKE I installed Bruce Hickory Engineered Flooring in my dining room. Yesterday I had a pipe leak that coated the dining room with water. Today I pulled up the floor. I put it out in...
33
33

Re: Metric
or very soon In my fathers workshop in the 40ies (myself 13 years old) we handled both inperial (25.4 mm) and english (27 mm) inches plus naturally the metric system that was standard for all but the...

Those little rubber sanding drums
I sure hope some one can give me a few hints. I've owned and used those little rubber plugs that hold premade sand paper tubes for many years. Once I squeeze one on the first tube, it never seems to...
6
6

Large spark in CMS motor
When using my Kobalt CMS, I notice a large spark from the motor compartment when I turn off the saw. Sometimes it looks like it fills the whole compartment. Is this a sign the brushes need replaced?...
52
52

Saw Blades by DELTA
I have known that new saw blades are now available on their web. I am now looking to the saw blade for general purpose. Please advise how the new #35-1050R is, if it is good. Thanks in advance, Mickey
7
7

reverse ogee plunge bit?
I want route this profile into a flat surface, to make a dished out area. The only plunge ogee bits I can find have a step detail halfway up. Any ideas? HHHH####ddoo,__. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM#bo....
8
8

DIY powered respirator?
Simple paper dust mask is leaky and uncomfortable for me, and the leaks also fogs up the goggle. Powered respirator (PAPR) cost too much. Is there a DIY plan for making one? It looks like some sort of...
7
7

Routing in hardboard = masonite
My latest attempt at organization is a set of storage bins suitable for CD media in jewel cases; each bin has wood front/back panel so can go drawer-like in a case, with only wood showing. To save...
1
1

How to tell if a saw blade is sharp?
Sorry if this is on topic. :-) I suppose I could just google it, but here goes... There was a 10" Delta 60 tooth on this table saw and it was covered in all kinds of gunk and baked-on sap or...
24
24

Finger joints
I'd like to join 5/4 boards end to end and am wondering about making finger joints. There are many router bits available and I'd like some input of their use. How easy is it to get the board surfaces...
17
17

What is it? Set 303
Just added a new set on the web site: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
9
9

Repairing a Flintlock Pistol Stock
I have a flintlock pistol with a 9" hexagonal barrel. The side of the barrel channel in the stock was cracked in shipment, probably because the barrel was not in the stock. The gun is from a CVA kit,...
3
3