Subject Author Posted Replies

More solar stuff...
The only woodworking in this project is in the parabolic solar trough that sucks up the heat, but for those wreckers who've been following my efforts to use the best of hi-tech to produce ultra...
41
41

Router For Router table
I need another router for a router table, not for hand-held use. I've tried searching the net, etc., ...even Consumer Reports, for an appropriate one, with no reasonable luck. I think I need a...
20
20

OT: Hear Me, Live on the Radio, this Sunday Night.
With all the music recording discussion, lately, I figured I'd invite you guys to hear what I do when I'm not making sawdust. 10/4, 8-10pm, Central Time. I'm playing drums for Nashville...
10
10

Happy ending
A couple of weeks ago I pinged the group with a question about my new (to me) dust collector and the problem I was having getting the sumbitch to run on my 30 amp circuit. Lots of good responses, all,...
3
3

OT: Frontline / "A Counter-insurgency War?"
FRONTLINE/World for "A Counter-insurgency War?" This Week: Special Preview of 'Obama's War' ----------------------- I'm writing to let you know about the film that FRONTLINE is finalizing for our...
13
13

103.23070 king-seeley/craftsman wood lathe
I found a really nice king-seeley wood lathe built for crafstman dated back in the late 40's and fifty's. my problem is, I need a new v-belt. I downloaded the manuel for the 103.23070 and it told how...
4
4

Iron on edging
I have my iron packed up right now and need to apply some walnut iron on edge to some plywood. Can I use a hot air gun? -- has anyone done that? Press it down with a piece of aluminum or something?
8
8

Best Woodworking Newsgroup / Forum?
I've looked at Knots and Sawmill Creek. What else is out there and which is the best? Regards, Tom Watson
9
9

plans for acoustic computer enclosure?
Anyone have plans or photos of an acoustic enclosure for a desktop computer? Best, Christopher
104
104

jointer knife adjustment
i have posted a little about some old woodworking equipment i recently inherited. right now dealing with a early 1960's Craftsman jointer ok, so now i have dismanteled, cleaned and reasembled the...
13
13

Sorta OT - Revenge on the Borgs
WARNING: ONLY Read This When You Are Able To LAUGH OUT LOUD. I went to Home Depot recently while not being altogether sure that course of action was a wise one. You see, the previous evening I had...
7
7

What is it? Set 304
Back at it with another set this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
16
16

OT: Numbers in pictures.
An attempt to put things in perspective. main site: http://www.chrisjordan.com/current_set2.phpThe
1
1

O/T: Ken Burns
The man has done it again. His series of documentary films on the Nat'l Park system are currently running on PBS. If you get a chance, it is some very interesting stuff IMHO. Lew
11
11

How to make quarter rounds and to make a diagonal cut with common tools?
Hi, I have 3"x3" lumber and I would like to do one of two things: 1. Make a 3" quarter round, or 2. Make a "diagonal" cut so that the lumber has a triangular 3"x3"x profile. I have a table saw and a...
45
45