Subject Author Posted Replies

Router For Router table
I need another router for a router table, not for hand-held use. I've tried searching the net, etc., ...even Consumer Reports, for an appropriate one, with no reasonable luck. I think I need a...
20
20

OT: Hear Me, Live on the Radio, this Sunday Night.
With all the music recording discussion, lately, I figured I'd invite you guys to hear what I do when I'm not making sawdust. 10/4, 8-10pm, Central Time. I'm playing drums for Nashville...
10
10

Happy ending
A couple of weeks ago I pinged the group with a question about my new (to me) dust collector and the problem I was having getting the sumbitch to run on my 30 amp circuit. Lots of good responses, all,...
3
3

OT: Frontline / "A Counter-insurgency War?"
FRONTLINE/World for "A Counter-insurgency War?" This Week: Special Preview of 'Obama's War' ----------------------- I'm writing to let you know about the film that FRONTLINE is finalizing for our...
13
13

103.23070 king-seeley/craftsman wood lathe
I found a really nice king-seeley wood lathe built for crafstman dated back in the late 40's and fifty's. my problem is, I need a new v-belt. I downloaded the manuel for the 103.23070 and it told how...
4
4

Iron on edging
I have my iron packed up right now and need to apply some walnut iron on edge to some plywood. Can I use a hot air gun? -- has anyone done that? Press it down with a piece of aluminum or something?
8
8

Best Woodworking Newsgroup / Forum?
I've looked at Knots and Sawmill Creek. What else is out there and which is the best? Regards, Tom Watson
9
9

plans for acoustic computer enclosure?
Anyone have plans or photos of an acoustic enclosure for a desktop computer? Best, Christopher
104
104

jointer knife adjustment
i have posted a little about some old woodworking equipment i recently inherited. right now dealing with a early 1960's Craftsman jointer ok, so now i have dismanteled, cleaned and reasembled the...
13
13

Sorta OT - Revenge on the Borgs
WARNING: ONLY Read This When You Are Able To LAUGH OUT LOUD. I went to Home Depot recently while not being altogether sure that course of action was a wise one. You see, the previous evening I had...
7
7

What is it? Set 304
Back at it with another set this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
16
16

OT: Numbers in pictures.
An attempt to put things in perspective. main site: http://www.chrisjordan.com/current_set2.phpThe
1
1

O/T: Ken Burns
The man has done it again. His series of documentary films on the Nat'l Park system are currently running on PBS. If you get a chance, it is some very interesting stuff IMHO. Lew
11
11

How to make quarter rounds and to make a diagonal cut with common tools?
Hi, I have 3"x3" lumber and I would like to do one of two things: 1. Make a 3" quarter round, or 2. Make a "diagonal" cut so that the lumber has a triangular 3"x3"x profile. I have a table saw and a...
45
45

circular saw blade for plywood
Hello What do you guys use for a plywood blade in your circular saw? I bought a plywood blade to cut some birch plywood and it did a terrible job with tearout. I have a bunch of bookcases to make so I...
20
20