Subject Author Posted Replies

Sketchup Question
Ha!
172

Learning Something New Every Time
I like to think that I learn something new every time I spend a few hours in the shop. For example, many years ago I learned that it's not a good idea to fine tune a close fitting joint by hitting it...
7
7

hammer
the pink hammer and other things like cambells soup etc is an awarness of cancer in women and i also think the companies that sell pink items like that donate a portion of the sale to the cancer...
3
3

pully size for jointer
on the same rebuild of the 6" craftsman jointer - needed a pulley for the motor. original was 5", all Northern Tool had was a 4-1/2". obviously this will increase the rotational speed of the jointer...
9
9

Artist or Engineer
I agree. The Come Up With Stuff and Make Stuff Work are, at some level, what makes a woodworker.
59
59

New shop snake part 2
Sounds like the same snake I was referring to in my earlier post. If you expect to survive the bite, you have to be lucky enough to be quick and get to an E/R which has the right serum according to...
66
66

New shop snake!
I have a blue-tailed skink in my shop that sits on top of a concrete block when the sunlight hits it. Some day he will catch that pesky cricket hiding in the sawdust. I provide a small water dish for...
20
20

Speaking of home wood-related repairs...
Shear strength of a 16d nail is 150 pounds http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:jPPGP54rgrEJ: means if you hang your tool belt on a nail in the wall, you will break the nail.
89
89

A sort of woodworking post
I have to install some 3/4 round on the outside of my house. I am using the PVC stuff. I am correct to use 3 inch stainless finish nails? If not what? I want to use a nail gun. I have 100ft to do...
3
3

Saw Horses for assembly stands, now has some wood content
I wasn't gonna post this to this group, since it had only metal content, but I got a neat reply that does have wood content, so here it is. If I get flames, I won't do it again: Metal content: Some...
5
5

Bedroom Project
I have posted pictures at a.p.b.w. of the progress of the "Arts & Crafts" style bedroom furniture that I am working on at the moment. A combination of mostly quarter sawn oak and cherry. A bigger...
7
7

How to Design Furniture
Just received my copy of How to Design Furniture. Five days postal from Tauton Press in the US to Toronto, Canada. Cost me $16.82 ca with the delivery costs and the exchange. Some might consider that...
5
5

Downfeed Pedals for drill presses
I bet it would be less expensive to buy a Rockler DP table with clamps and a lot cheaper to make your own.
10
10

Air nailers and dogs
Has anyone expirenced an issue with their dog while or after using an air nailer. My little guy (a maltese) shivered for about an hour. He wasn't in the same room. The only thing we could contribute...
16
16

Routing a groove length of a 2x4
Seems to me that this is job for a router table. Need to put a groove down the length of a small (less than 3 feet) 2x4. Was thinking I could do this by hand. It's a small groove. Not more than 3/8 of...
7
7