Subject Author Posted Replies

Corner Cabinet Hinge Question
As I am getting closer to the end of my kitchen project, I am currently working on the uppers and have just completed the inside corner cabinet. I am starting to think about hinges for this two piece...
2
2

drawer slides: side to side play normal?
UHMW tape comes to mind. Could you do that?
8
8

Rockwell planer, any comments on this beast 13x6
This is a Rockwell 13x6 planer. The motor is 3 HP Baldor single phase. When I bought it for $20, it was in parts. When I agreed to buy it, I did not even realize that it was a planer. At first, I...
27
27

Belt Sander Recommendation
SFWIW, I'd stay away from 4" machines. In the case of P/C, they use the same motor for either the 3" or 4" machine. IMHO, the P/C is strictly a toy. Burned up a couple of them before buying the P/C...
11
11

O/T: The Preacher's Son
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------- An old country preacher... ...had a teenage son, and it was getting time the boy should give some thought to choosing a profession....
1
1

My Ongoing Workbench Project
I used 3 and was happy with the result. :-D
35
35

OT: Stories of survival
I think I have worked with some of these people!!!! Here's another variant of stories of survival. How DO these people survive....? ONE Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you...
3
3

Shipping from US to Canada
Perhaps, I don't know for sure about the limitations past the border. I wonder how much is misconception as opposed to reality; it seems like certain other businesses USPS is the one people "love to...
29
29

OT Humor (maybe) Why Men Don't Write Advice Columns
LOL! Didn't see it coming!
5
5

What is it? Set 305
#1741: end of a putter (for golf)? Bill
23
23

Alaskan Sawmill
I have experience on a home-made version. It's hard, slow, and heavy work, but it can be very rewarding. All of the baseboards, door jams and trim in my house were made from trees on the property....
4
4

Mortising jig
PS. I even cut the edges with a knife when I am using a chisel mortiser so the overlapping cuts have a groove for the chisel to land in and keep it clean.
19
19

"Craft in America" on PBS
The second year of this series has started up, first two episodes were on one of my PBS affiliates tonight, my other one has them on tomorrow. There wasn't any woodworking in the first one, but the...

removable workbench top
I have this same on several work tables with 1/8" hardboard. I just drop a few screws around the edges and a few out in the middle. I rarely have a problem with it lifting up. I typically either clamp...
12
12

Matching a dark cherry finish
Of course depending on the color you are matching it makes a huge difference on the approach. Lots of testing will be the only real answer. 1. If it tend towards dark, plum, wine, purpley type color...
18
18