Subject Author Posted Replies

Opinions on this first drill press
I might go check out this DP, give it to my nephew, if I buy. html Here's another, for your entertainment. I emailed this guy telling him he' s asking way too much, not that I was interested in it. He...
8
8

Boat house build
Project mostly done, at least the heavy lifting. Pictures on the image site
6
6

Using Resisthane Plus at bottom of 5 gallon container
I have "sludge" of Resisthane Plus at the bottom of two 5 gallon containers. Will it work if I add them together and add enough water to get them to the correct viscosity. Alternative is to buy 2...
3
3

Rust on a morse taper
I decided to change the center on my lathe and (finally) after punching the old one out, I see that there was rust on the connection. What's the proper method for cleaning rust off a morse taper? All...
17
17

american furniture 1650 to now
very interesting video did not know those things about mahogany American Furniture 1650-Present | Library of Congress Oscar P. Fitzgerald illustrated the evolution of American furniture from the...
2
2

Tip for cabinet builders
Wife can load up a large sliding kitchen cabinet drawer as well as any (50#?). Nylon(?) bracket broke a few days ago. After removing a bracket for identification purposes, and setting the screws atop...

Motorcycle ramp
I'm thinking of making a motorcycle ramp 8 ft long & 3 ft wide with 3/4 inch plywood to load a 600 lb bike on a car hauler trailer. Will the 3/4 " plywood hold the weight?
22
22

hard to do in wood
always like to imagine if some thing could be made from wood instead of the current construction this might be possible except it has springs or hydraulics it looks like ingenious design and great...
1
1

Help! Anyone know of this
Found this site while digging around the internet looks pretty awesome with a claimed 16000 easy to build plans and projects. Well supported with awards etc. Anyone have any knowledge of this?
10
10

Progress On The Cypress Chairs
Working on the captain's chairs' arms. At first, the front posts were str aight up & down and they mated with the arm rests too far to the inside edg e .... that looked awkward. I angled the posts to...

rechargeable small screwdriver
looking for recommends for a small rechargeable screwdriver once in a while i see one in a video and never catch the brand typically in an electronics video have at least two of those rechargeable...
18
18

planter box lining
looking for the favorite planter box liner or maybe i will just make drain holes pond liner seems too stiff but seems to be the right stuff
18
18

You'd Pay $400 For This Table, Wouldn't You?
My daughter is looking at buying this table. The seller wants $400. It is rock solid, no wobble at all. It appears that the top has been replaced. 37" x 74" The 3 drawers are all in good shape and...
11
11

Ping Bill
As to that Peru sale, though a jointer isn't available, maybe keeping an ey e on the dust collectors or drill presses is an option.... Lots 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31 & 32.... if one of these has been a...
1
1

dado on front and back of cabinet drawer only
Hey everyone, I'm working on a cabinet drawer for a spice cabinet box. I have planned on placing the sides on the inside of the front and back of the box and using pocket holes for the joinery. As I...
32
32