60 INCH Aluminum bar clamps 11.99CDN

How about we use the new Wish List feature on the LV web page and then you Canadiens can just fill out your credit card information and have them sent to us. In return, well send you a nice thank you card.

Reply to
RE Quick Transit

Robert,

Your selective reading, quoting and maladjusted perception is boring me to tears.

You repeat that YOU were attacked?

What about the first message I see from you after your OP?

----------------------------------

Listen you silly little prick. This is a HEADSUP for a great deal on bar clamps. A common and accepted practice in this group. If you aren't interested then take your whining elsewhere.

----------------------------------

Damn, that looks like YOU attacking him to me. And you have continued. You also seem to feel you have to point out what an old time user of Use-net you are, as if it justifies your merciless twisting of the facts, and repeated vitriol.

I ran the original Australian Mail hub for Fido-net, and have been using pc coms since modems were invented - does that make it alright for me to act like a prat? Oh goody - I must commence to do so...

Basic point of your post should have been framed as a polite question (LV deserve that), and you would have got some good answers (and some smart arse ones as usual).

BUT - you then showed that your question was not an honest one, your only intention was to try and create facts to prove a case against LV and Mr Lee. You immediately lost all credibility, and further damaged your case by attributing facts and statements that simply are not supported. Even when you quote them back - your understanding of what is said, and the facts is severely warped, and lacks common sense.

IF you are able to compare LIKE with LIKE, AND see a discrepency - I am sure it will prove the standard business practices of pricing costs and margins is applied and then LV will shine thru as a provider of an exceptional total product, as that incorporates actual gadget, delivery, service pre and post sale etc.

I am NOT an LV thug either - have never done business with them in fact - but I can sure attest to one thing - out of tens of thousands of messages, yours are the ONLY ones I have seen that attribute some sinister or negative aspect to LV, and are in stark contrast to the many positive reports. I would almost suspect you are either unbalanced, or a competitor - or both.

However you are more likely a Troll, and I a fisherman.

Have a nice life. Mike Brisbane

Reply to
Mike Richardson

Has anyone answered the question of whether or not they are the SAME clamps?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

OK, I've read, re-read, waited, and read again what is posted here. Sorry, but I still don't see where Rob said the Canadiens are subsidizing anything.

I read that they are not making the intended markup on the US goods. I inferred that they are making a fair profit on the Canadian shipped goods. I see how he tried with a bit of humore asking how free shipping would be a benefit to them as they are already making less profit than intended on some sale so lowering the profit on others is of no value to LV, although it may be to the consumer.

What I do see is a company that set prices, got beat on the exchange rate, but still took the high road and honored the prices to their customers. Only resolution I can see is to order the goods and have them shipped to a US address and then pop across the borer to pick them up. If you choose to do that, please stop at the duty free shop and pick me up a couple of liters of my favorite beverage.

I'm sre nothing I can say will change your mind, so you may have the last nasty swipe if you'd like it.

Reply to
RE Quick Transit

Not nice Mike. Grow up will ya!

Reply to
Robert

I decided to go to my son's school fitness walk this afternoon rather than go to Princess Auto.

But as I said earlier... I saw 60" aluminum bar clamps at House of Tools a few months back on sale in the same price range. They were garbage.

I've never ordered anything from Lee Valley and had garbage arrive.

So while $12 may be an incredibly low price for a 60" aluminum bar clamp, what you're buying is a $12, 60" aluminum bar clamp.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

They're a different colour (and that's about all you can see from the photo).

Given the way of such things, either LV are having cheap red clamps specially re-painted to their order, or these are the same red clamps I see eveywhere else. Now the Princess photo is unreadable, but the LV photo is reasonably good. The LV clamps aren't the same as the red ones I have, and strongly suspect mine are the same as the Princess ones.

Do Princess Auto have any good deals on KlueHammahs ? We clearly need one.

One thing Lee Valley don't sell though:

Andy Dingley

Soooo...we still don't know if they're the same clamps, albeit with different paint.

Clearly? I'm a huge Lee Valley fan Andy, and as such I'd like to be able to tell Robert to go f*ck himself after I confirm that the Princess Auto clamp is of much inferior quality to the one provided by LV.

In the alternative, if they are the same clamps, I'd like to be able to say to Robert "thanks for the heads up, NOW go f*ck yourself".

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Hahahahaha - you dill - that was YOUR message quoted back - RE-read my text..

Hahahaha.

Plonk

Reply to
Mike Richardson

Mike, I finally get my saw on Wed! Picking it up from Leda (not a great deal $-wise, but I get a lot of advice and other help from the seller)

How is that new saw of yours going?

cheers,

Greg

Reply to
Greg Millen

[ Going for the woodworking tie-in... ]

'Member the one about the blind ship's carpenter who could name any wood by smell?

The two sailors run off to find an old Lady de' Evening, way past her prime

"Oak door off a tuna boat!"

Har. Har. Har...

Reply to
patrick conroy

personality

Hi -

Really am done replying to most of the nonsense from...well, you can figure it out...

I will, however, clarify/answer legitimate points/questions that arise...

The $42.95 (CDN) clamps are made in USA - Adjustable Clamp Company...they are not the same as the imports.

We also sell the inexpensive offshore clamps, in varying sizes - but only in the retail stores, they're not on the web, nor in the catalogues. 48" model is $13.50 (CDN) for 1, $12.15 for 4+...

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Rob Lee

Thank you for the clarification.

Reply to
RE Quick Transit

patrick conroy wrote in rec.woodworking

How about the one where Al smelled the wood and Tim put his sock on one and Al said it was some fungus infested wood species. Har harhar.

Reply to
BigDog