60 INCH Aluminum bar clamps 11.99CDN

Page 1 of 4
At Princess Auto. http://www.princessauto.com/moreinfo.cfm?TAG 663&SCANΚN
Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95. That's quite a markup Robin. Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper. Is that true?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Unlikely. I have bought cheap aluminum bar clamps that just rip out when you try to tighten them. Odds are these will also.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'm confused; have you confused Lee Valley with Walmart? Damn, man, if you want to shop elsewhere, go for it, why you gotta pollute the ng with this?
PK
Add pictures here
βœ–

Listen you silly little prick. This is a HEADSUP for a great deal on bar clamps. A common and accepted practice in this group. If you aren't interested then take your whining elsewhere.
Add pictures here
βœ–

No. This is another of your assaults on Lee Valley. I buy Lee Valley stuff because it's quality stuff. If you have a price problem, take your business elsewhere. We call it "The American Way" SH - Silly prick #2
Add pictures here
βœ–

'Tis you that is the silly prick.
If you wanted to give a heads up on a good deal, fine. Post it, we can make up our minds.
Seems you have a hard-on with your tiny prick for Lee Valley. Most of us here happen to like dealing with Lee Valley and show respect for them, as well as many other vendors. If you had not made a derogatory remark, it would have been a heads up. You turned it into something else. Tsk, tsk, your mother would be ashamed to hear how you talk!
Add pictures here
βœ–

It was a headsup until you put in the gratuitous slam to Lee Valley.
With your recent posting record, even if you hadn't slammed LV explicitly, most would have considered it a slam anyway, and an undeserved slam at that.
scott
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:39:32 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Well deserved in my view.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Rob't, this is wearing a little thin. I got a couple of chuckles from a few of your other trolls, but I'm not chuckling anymore. Is this the real you or did someone put your cornflakes in the wrong bowl?
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Robert" < snipped-for-privacy@for.christmas.invalid> wrote in message
βœ–
TANSTAAFL
But many people think there is...
Retail Price V8 Commodore Current Model is $35,000 - I can get you one - no faults, full warranty, same car completely, but different brand for $11,999. See any thing that mite be wrong?
I await your abusive response.
Mike Who wishes there was a Lee Valley Australia

Add pictures here
βœ–

That's funny! (I'm not hungry!)
Robert should find a local Harbor Freight store - they seem to have the products he likes.
Note to Robin - You have a fine business. When are you opening a store in Los Angeles?
Dave
Add pictures here
βœ–

Do you get a discount from Lee Valley if you can prove the shit on your nose came from Robin's ass?<g>
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:57:51 GMT, Robert
more crap.
plonk.....
Add pictures here
βœ–

Is that the best reply you could think of?
Add pictures here
βœ–

At that particular moment yes. It an ages old generic usenet putdown and it has tested very well over the years.<g>
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:52:34 GMT, "Mike Richardson"

I've been told they are the SAME brand. Until Robin Lee proves otherwise your analogy is just so much ass gas.
Add pictures here
βœ–

no
$11,999.
Bozo,
I think it is up to you to prove to yourself that it is the same or of greater value or quality. If you want to buy the cheap one, by all means do. Robin has no obligation to prove anything to you with regard to a competitors product. Quit bitching already. You are making an ass out of yourself.
If Lee Valley has a product I want at a price I feel is reasonable or competitive, I buy it from them. Otherwise I look elsewhere. Bitching and moaning is not going to change anything. Get over it already.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:12:39 GMT, Village Idiot "Al Reid"
Robin has given TWO reasons why Canadians are paying more than Americans.
Reason one: It what the market will bear. In other words Canadians are charged more because we are suckers willing to pay more.
Reason two: He needs to rip off Canadians to balance the loses he is taking from American customers.
He said BOTH of these things. No wonder Americans support him.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Well, you have it in your power to stop his evil scheme. Just don't buy from him. Purchase from what ever supplier gives you the most bang for the buck. If his pricing is, indeed, out of line, eventually, the lack of sales will dictate a change in the pricing policies.
That is how I spend my money. I can find inexplicable differences in product prices within the US. I buy from reputable suppliers who offer good service and reasonable prices. I suggest you do the same.
--
Al Reid

A government big enough to give you everything you want...
βœ–

Unfortunately Lee Valley has no real competition in the Canadian marketplace. So they charge us more to subsidize lower prices for YOU, Americans, where they do have competition.
Add pictures here
βœ–