6" bar Clamps $ 1.99 at Harbor Freight

They are back $ 1.99 for 6 " bar clamps. I have used it before and works great. Yesterday I bought six more clamps

This is only available in the stores.

I have bought 3 times altogether 24 pieces and I use it all the time. They are always on sales as I keep track of the sales. Another good buy are the wheels, they are really CHEAP!!

Reply to
WD

What is the item number please?

Reply to
Bruce

Wish they offered locking wheels...

WD wrote:

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Pittsburgs - 34387-3VGA

Reply to
WD

I bought some, though they were a great deal. Next time I saw some I bought 'em, then when I tried to use them I found they wouldn't lock to the bar. They slipped under pressure. The notches are not cut right.

I'll still buy more. but I'll make sure they can take some pressure first.

Mike

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Reply to
Mike Patterson

Yes, the do have wheel with brake, but not in the store.

are real cheap and GOOD too. All my machineries are on HF wheels and I really save a bundle. Their 5" cast iron caster wheel sell for $2.99 when on sales.

Reply to
WD

I also buy from Big Lots, they look alike but NOT the same. I did bought two 16" bar clamps from Big Lots, they slip. If you buy from HF make sure it's "Pittsburgs".

Big Lots have many of the stuff sold in HF, I still think HF is slightly cheaper and better quality.

Reply to
WD

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:04:21 -0700, WD brought forth from the murky depths:

see item number 2621 (5"), 9918 (3"), 46819 (8"),

2635 (6-1/4"), 90992 (3").

(I like fairly large casters, so 5-inchers are my fave.)

38706 and 38708 (both non-locking) fill up my shop.

------------------------------------------------------ No matter how hard you try, you cannot baptize a cat. ----------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Let me guess. They're made in China?

Reply to
Phisherman

Nah, I think they were made in North Korea or Chad or someplace like that. Who cares. (Note that sentence did not end with a question mark.)

Reply to
David Hall

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:07:21 GMT, Phisherman brought forth from the murky depths:

Gee, you say that like it's a bad thing, Phish.

  • Blessed are those who can * Humorous T-shirts Online
  • laugh at themselves, for they * Comprehensive Website Dev.
  • shall never cease to be amused *
Larry Jaques

I got 4 of the 6" @ $1.99 and 4 of the 12" at $2.99 today. If someone feels better paying 3X as much for Besseys, which are also made in China, more power to you. They likely come from the same factory.

Same with the Harbor Freight aluminum bar clamps. I have 8-10 of the aluminum 24" and 36" that I paid less than $5 each for and I am completely satisfied with them. Clamps are not rocket science.

Reply to
Bruce

Same here Bruce, every clamps and wheels I have in my garage were purchased from HF. If they are from "Besseys or Woodcrafts," it will be more than a thousand dollars, regardless if the clamps are made here or elsewhere.

The cabinets that I am making will be just as good if not better than if I use the clamps from "Besseys or Woodcrafts." I can prove it in Spring when I post the finished cabinets in ABPW.

Reply to
WD