Subject Author Posted Replies

Hinge help needed
Going to put up some cabinets against the ceiling that only drop down about 16 inches. Looking for hinges that will open door in upward position and hold door open while loading or unloading items. I...
11
11

Recent projects [Clock and Fireplace]
clock is a prototype for a kit I will offer soon. Done is Sapele with black and red dyes, Tung, Shellac and black wax. The fireplace surround is just rough installed and primed. It will be gloss...
4
4

(little OT) Did It Over.
I got sick of my webpage so I redid the whole thing. This time in PHP (I'm hoping to add more dynamic content later) Looking for feedback. Thanks.

Re: “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” will be in Buffalo, NY Nov. 7 to No v. 14, 2009
Nova wrote in news:009d9540$0$32363$c3e8da3 I've got a buddy who's helped with one of the houses. Still haven't seen it on to see if he got on camera. If you help, make sure you find out the air date...

Exterior Wood Oil
I have 19mm thick - 26cm x 105cm sapele fielded panels on my door frame which will be exposed to the weather.. Any recommendations for achieving a silk finish? Thanks. Arthur, in the UK
2
2

Re: “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” will be in Buffalo, NY Nov. 7 to Nov. 14, 2009
I'm sure they build up the entire process and publicize it to hell, but it still comes down to a family in dire need. And very possibly, you might finish up with feeling great in the end. I can't...
10
10

OT: what's up Doc?
How can a list be this wrong? I agree with # 1, maybe even # 3, and kind of understand #2 and # 4, they have a huge following, but to find Yogi way down the list is just plain wrong.
4
4

Repair of flat rockers
I have an old rocking chair that has flat spots on the rockers. I have started repairing them by filling the flat spots with wood putty, but I'm not sure that that will be solid enough to last over...
14
14

My Workbench Project (Design)
I just put up a pdf file (and a SketchUp file), if you would care to see it, at my new website: was not trained as an engineer as many of your were, and I don't have much experience in woodworking, so...
15
15

Still more solar stuff...
I promised Luigi that I'd post again on this when there was more to share, and this makes good on that threat. I think I've managed to eliminate about 2/3 of the plumbing and a lot of the built-losses...

Question re Stanley 8C Jointer plane
Just picked up one of these at a sale and have a few questions. It's in relatively good condition but I plan on giving it a thorough tuning. I'm puzzled about the plane iron though - it appears that...
11
11

sheet storage - flat vs on-edge
Hey. You started a thread about a roof leak problem on your home over on then when people were discussing your situation, you disappeared. What's up with that? You seemed to lose interest when you got...
19
19

OT: Swine flu symptom
If you feel like this... don't go to work. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/swineflu.jpg
4
4

First Impressions on Planer/Thicknesser
Thought I would share my first impressions of the 10" combination planer /thicknesser I purchased recently. My first requirement was for a thicknesser to dress boards that were produced from re-sawing...
1
1

Question on staining oak
I am replacing a bathroom vanity with a new one made of red oak so that it will match some existing cabinets. In the past I made the mistake of putting golden oak stain right on sanded oak and you...
45
45