Subject Author Posted Replies

The Kitchen Bookcases - Finally Done
Some of you may remember that I posted a few questions related to the bookcases that I was building for the kitchen. Chamfering the shaker style doors, paint options, etc. I think I initially put...
22
22

Lathe (AC) motor questions
I am putting a lathe online and I wish to get comments about the motor choi ce and control. I am recently retired and have been collecting various AC motors over the y ears with the thought that I...
13
13

SketchUp? I Don't Need No Stinking SketchUp!
While you guys have been figuring out how to use SketchUp and bickering about which operating system is best, I've been making sawdust. ;-) I built this old fashioned way: with a tape measure and a...
11
11

OK, one more SU Q? ...
I'm making some progress; I did manage (finally!) to get a component to do something the way I wanted to just build the shell of the main house to which to attach the entryway that we're going to...
20
20

Nice Shop Apron
About 43 years ago my new bride made me a nice shop apron, that wore out a few years back. Looked for a replacement and ended up with a Rockler Apron, which is pretty nice, although dust sticks to it,...
24
24

Stair finish
On to the finish of my stair treads and risers. I'm going with a poly but uncertain which one to use. Suggestions? Thanks
4
4

Sketchup Interchange???
Am I just missing something or is there no apparent path to interchange a .skp file with anything else???
8
8

Sketchup grief again/still... (2023 Update)
I've yet to get anywhere useful w/ Sketchup; it and I just don't seem to "be able to communicate"... :( I tried again and somehow munged up the toolbar -- how does one restore the defaults?
25
25

2 good 2 be true?
Complete Dewalt 20v combo set for $100: Anyone have any experience with these guys?
11
11

Another task to do
Walked out on the platform on the lake to see how many boards needed replacing when one corner collapsed. Quite a jolt! See the image in a.p.b.w
12
12

Full Face Shield
A friend is looking for a full face shield, with air filtration. Any recommendations ?
17
17

If I was a gonna
If I were to buy a filtered face mask, which one would you recommend, and why? Thanks Deb
3
3

looks wrong
nothing visible holding the material for that material a beam saw with the right blade would be faster and give a much cleaner cut max capacity is 20 inch log but it does not look like it could do...
18
18

Help: Phillips screw 1/2 inch from the wall
I'm trying to remove a triangle-shaped entertainment center installed in th e corner of the room. It is mounted using vertical cleats, with small head, longish phillips screws about 1/2 inch from the...
24
24

Stair stringer trim
My stairs are stripped of carpet and ready for install of oak tread and riser. Though, I first need to install the side trim for the inside stringers, then cut the tread and risers to width. I plan to...
2
2