Subject Author Posted Replies

Sagging Doors fixed
Last May, there was some discussion about sagging doors and out of plumb walls. -Mike- suggested removing one screw on each hinge and replacing it with a long screw that goes through the hinge, shim,...
1
1

Ok, I want one!
I was thinking that, I actually down loaded a Sketchup drawing of a "similar" one. The problem with that one is that it is pretty much a 2 piece vs, 3 piece design. To set the kerf you adjust the...
27
27

Bewildered
SWMBO had a large mirror with a metal frame that she didn't like. A few days ago, she asked me to make her a new wooden frame. Requirement was for something that looked as though it was made 150 years...
12
12

Building a Media Cabinet
Being an extreme amateur, I want to accomplish building a media cabinet, roughly 5 1/2" H x 2' D x 4' W. I plan to use MDF and poplar for the face since we plan to paint it and being my first real big...
9
9

signing your work
Whenever I'd build anything in the shop, I'd use a magic marker-type pen to write: "my name" "city" and "date" on the underside or a shielded part of the project. If you've not though to do it, it's a...
46
46

Christmas tables
Another Christmas present I built and gave to neighbors and friends was a small, unfinished table. After our home was built, there was a lot of left over 1X10 and 1X12 material of various length. Most...

College Senior Needs Help With Spray Booth Best Practices
I'm a student at Keene State College in Keene, NH. I am working on a safety program for the campus wood shop for my senior capstone class which is needed for my bachelor's in Safety Studies. Right now...
2
2

Installing T1-11 siding
Question for y'all. I'm building a small, 8' x 12' shed so that I can get more room in my workshop. The shed will house camping gear, bikes, paint, etc. The detached workshop is maybe 50-60 years old...
6
6

Learned something new today
Most of the time that I've ever used a flush trim router bit has been to trim a melamine edge or something like that, I'm in the process of building an oak dining room table and chairs. Decided to...
4
4

Wiring a Rockwell Delta Radial Arm Saw
I just overhauled a nice 12" Rockwell Delta Radial Arm saw (Model L-40C or revised model 33-527).I had to repair a broken casting but the weld is holding nicely. What ISN'T so nice is the motor is...
7
7

Score! Generates question
I picked up a Delta bandsaw off of Cragislist for a mere $15. The owner said HE bought it at a garage sale but couldn't keep the blade on it. When I got it home, inspection revealed no tire at all on...
11
11

170 Hinges
I am currently in the process of finishing the remaining doors for my little (read-1year) kitchen project and have stumbled onto a question. For a corner cabinet, I am looking to install two...
12
12

New uses for solid flooring
Hi. I purchaed too much 18mm x 130mm t&g lacquered white oak flooring..So I have an unopened box containing 2.2sq metres. The flooring is a mix grades A and B. So mostly B and some grade A. However,...
21
21

Stanley is buying Black and Decker for $4.5 billion in stock
just thought i'd pass along the news...
42
42

Christmas Gift idea
Rather than seeking ideas for myself, I just want to share a few things I've made in my shop over the years as gifts at Christmas to friends, neighbors and employees. Perhaps others will join in with...
1
1