Subject Author Posted Replies

Got a Check today!
I was expecting it, a check from August Home publishing. I submitted a tip 5-6 weeks ago and they want to buy the rights to publish it and or change it up as they see fit. I cannot resubmit to any...
9
9

Milk Paint Help / Advice
First time using milk paint. I am happy that I did get the "old look" I was hoping for. But the whole process seemed messy. So I am wondering what I might have done wrong. This morning I painted my...
4
4

CLEAR hardwood finishes? -- moisture cure, etc.
I now have a new unfinished red oak hardwood floor installed in an apartment that I will be renting out. What I want is a truly CLEAR finish to put down on the new unfinished flooring. I have extra...
11
11

Ping Tom. Bench Pics.
Tom, I posted these a while ago, took them down again after I thought most would have seen them. Happy to put them up again for you. : ) It was my first attempt at building in wood, about 9 years ago....
6
6

Dado Jig for Router
I'm in the process of building a triangular corner bookshelf for SWMBO. ( you know how it goes, "now that you've bought all these new toys for your shed, you can make me a .......and a ...... and so...
6
6

Preserving a slice through a fir
A big old fir tree that used to stand in the middle of the village has been cut down. A slice has been cut from the lower trunk and has been given to the village school. The idea is that the school...
11
11

Metal Detector
I was thinking about taking a circular saw to several cabinets and a full size hollow door (so that I can discard the pieces and avoid what I consider an unreasonable extra expense). Anyone know if...
14
14

OT: Forklifts and vodka don't mix (well)
Something to think about as you build shelves
10
10

Ah Rats ...
Woodrat, that is. One's coming to my house early next week. It's the WR5, which I found on CL for $275. Not quite a steal, hence no gloat, but a significant savings over new. Any of you folks have...

slate or marble coasters
This involves a wood holder, so relax. On a number of occasions, I made coasters of either slate or marble, complete with a ground in recess for the drink and a cork backing. Over the years, I'd guess...
6
6

Hey Swing - Check It Out
Watson

Depth adjustment on Milwaukee "body grip" router accuracy
The depth adjustment knob on the 5615-20 Milwaukee "body grip" router is accurate (6/32 = 6/32 actual depth) on the fixed base, but shows 6/32 = 1/8 inch actual depth when the router is in the plunge...
2
2

TS Blade Aligner DIY
Hey, I posted a short video on my website that shows how to make and use a homemade blade/jointer fence alignment jig. Let me know what you think (either on my site or here or both?). I think I may...
4
4

Forstner bits
A coworker who knew I liked woodworking came up to me with a set of forstner bits he found while cleaning out his tool area from his dad's stock and asked if I was interested in buying them. I said I...
6
6

contractor saw belt vibration
How much vibration is normal in the belt of a contractor saw? The saw/belt is about eight years old but has rarely been used. The belt appears to be in excellent condition, but the up/down vibration...
38
38