Subject Author Posted Replies

desktop seam support question
Hey DJ.. To me the most important consideration is expansion and contraction of that hardwood top. The center section will expand and contract across the grain towards the chair and as it does so the...
24
24

Table Saw Switch Question/Problem?
I recently bought this switch for my Delta 36-982 (979) table saw. 's good for 220v and that's how I wired the saw motor. Here's the issue... if it is one. I notice that I have to hold the ON...
12
12

Deep Forest Amchair
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:10:04 -0500, the infamous "dadiOH" scrawled the following: FORTY FOUR HUNDRED EUROS for someone's mismatched dowel collection? Pass....
24
24

Re: I can't change the blade on a B & D miter saw.
Yes! And I did try both clock and counter clock wise.
9
9

I can't change the blade on a B & D miter saw.
Black & Decker miter sale model 7715 type 3. I bought this saw at a garage sale. the seller cut a board, said it needs a blade. But, I can't remove the old blade. The armature of the motor turns when...
18
18

Ping Larry Jaques
Aw Lassa . . I knew what a jaypeg was . . .I just dont know how to make it pretty on my web site given that I did the thing in Publisher .. but now that you have wound me up I will have a go at...
91
91

Dewalt router
Any of you guys have the DW621? Comments? I need a new plunge router for my Woodrat because my Milwaukee won't accommodate the plunge bar. TIA Larry
6
6

Ten Foot RAS Table Ideas
I've owned this SEARS RAS for close to thirty years and had it mounted on the "factory" stand for a while, then on a shop built stand that allowed me to wheel it about the shop by stepping on a pedal....
18
18

Random Orbit Sander recommendations?
My venerable Porter-Cable 333VS ROS seems to be on its last legs -- not sure if I want to repair or replace it. Recommendations, anyone, for a replacement? TIA...
29
29

Some results of experimenting with soap stone. (Prelude to carving details in wood.)
3HP spindle on a 1/16" ball nose bit. 2"/second feed rate. That gets kind of hairy as soapstone can have some hard veins in it. The goal of this experiment was to get acceptable detail at fast...
55
55

glass table insert sealing & folding legs
I'm building a coffee table with an inset glass top and various water- sensitive items under the glass. Ideally, I'd like to seal the insert with some sort of gasket material, so that the glass can...
9
9

Changing a Walker Turner saw from 220 to 120
I just bought a Walker Turner saw. It's wired for 220. I need 120 to get it to work in my shed. Anyone know how this is done?
24
24

Re: What was this tool?
Sounds like a Fein Multimaster, although similar designs are available from other companies....
7
7

Re: 3 PC Drill Battery packs failed nearly at once.
You might send one of the batteries out to have it refurbished (new cells). It generally costs about half what a new pack costs. I had the cells for my 14.4V Porter Cable drill replaced for about $35,...
2
2

Plane shavings
Do you guys do anything special with your old hand plane shavings (other than throwing them away)? I collect 'em up in a bucket or box, then use them as kindling in my barbecue, or sometimes for...
22
22