Subject Author Posted Replies

powermatic PM3000
Sorry to keep gloating...but just started assembling this beast, took me an hour just to get over the size of the standard top of this saw. The wings are not quite as big (judging from the box, have...

OT: What's for Supper
Omm nom nom! :-)
1
1

Routed Star of David and other designs
Another gift that seemed to be appreciated at the holidays was a framed "picture," made of book matched thin hardwood that I'd routed and filled. The one I had the biggest reaction from was the Star...

Small bench with flip up sides
When I first built my shop, I had several bench top tools and planned to add some others. Getting each one out, setting it up and securing it was a slight PITA, so I built a dedicated bench for just...

Christmas gumball dispenser
Or you could wander over to a web site that does archive (at least for a spell) the group. is one that some kind soul has put up and apparently maintains. It even has a gumball dispenser picture or...
5
5

OT: Humor
Well I don't wanna ruin a good joke, but Karen Carpenter could PLAY the friggin' drums now! Check it out: 've been playing for 35 years, and I couldn't do half the stuff she's doing in this video.
46
46

Foredom/flexshaft tool recommendations?
Foredom has a 1/3 HP (important for torque and anti-stall) - They also have carving knives that attach to the rotating flex shaft. So you can gouge and carve and shave and grind.... Martin Tvfarmer...
7
7

source of dry wood
When we moved into this house, we built 33 book cases from construction pine. It was wet - I worked on quality joints - locking boards into each other and when we brought one in, it was screwed to the...
15
15

OT: From one vet to another
Is that why Obama went to Dover in the middle of the night? Lew
37
37

Powermatic Mortiser - Yum!
... ... I'm not professional (at least wooddorker :); actually I'm farming at the present having come back after dad passed away) but what woodworking I presently do is mostly architectural on the old...
21
21

King Scroll saw
Hi. I recently bought a like new second hand King scroll saw for $30. Always wanted to try scrolling. I tried to get a users manual from King, but they don't have this model listed {manufacture date...
1
1

Adjustable Sawhorses for outfeed table
I noticed at an upcoming auction has a pair of Adjustable Sawhorses, made by Stanley--looks like they can be adjusted between 31 and 37 inches. I was thinking that they might be a good basis for an...
7
7

DIY Lap Joint Jig (for any size stock)
I really like the Bridge City Kerf-Master jig, but have been wanting to build an open-grid top table for solar panel assembly with 2x lumber, which is beyond the capabilities of the KM-1. I've worked...
9
9

Caulking Gun Clamps
I had to derust a bunch of metal. Most of it is pipe and round stock with some flat iron and square tubing in there. It was done with a wire cup brush on an angle grinder. I needed some way to clamp...

Air compressor lines
A recent thread about air compressors for the shop reminds me of a solution that worked for me. I had a cheap 5hp compressor with 60 gallon tank located by my breaker box in an adjoining garage area....
2
2