Subject Author Posted Replies

Review: iGaging AngleCube Digital Bevel Gage
This device is one of the little boxes available that stick to a surface and give you a digital angle readout. researched all the options and went with this one for two reasons. 1. I found it for $29,...
17
17

Sharpening Dust Collector Impellers
This is a spin off of the plane shavings discussion... there the discussion evolved in to one about hand plane shavings getting caught up in the dust collector impeller or the impeller screens after...
12
12

The ever expanding/shrinking workshop
Some time ago, my workshop was getting so disorganised and cluttered, I had no option but to have a big cleanout and re-organise everything efficiently. I built more benches and wall storage and made...
29
29

OT: Simply amazing
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:50:52 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita scrawled the following: Were it legal, someone somewhere might suggest tying your sig into an agreeable action at some time, I'll bet....
60
60

RE: Neat Jig Courtesy of WoodSmithShop
jig for ripping narrow strips on a T/S. Lew http://tinyurl.com/lx3n5vA
43
43

Laguna Platnium 16/32 Sand Paper Issues?
I have a buddy who purchased the Laguna 16/32 sander and has a problem getting the paper inserted correctly on the end - it seems there is some issue with the clip holding the paper - Laguna tech...
2
2

Sapele finish problem
Having some strange problems with Sapele finish. It seems to suck up the finish and become raw wood again. Did Tung oil first and let dry 48 hrs Applied a few thinned coats of dewaxed shellac. Applied...
16
16

Procedure to true a grinder wheel?
I just bought a 8" grinder with aluminum oxide wheels from Woodcraft (on sale for $89). Both wheels slightly move side to side when spinning, perhaps 1/16". I tried putting layers of painter's tape on...
8
8

avoid objects sticking to finish
Like drawer interiors, you can leave it unfinished. I find a spray can of lacquer works very well for small projects--fast and easy to apply, cures quickly. A second choice would be polyurethane, one...
4
4

Bon voyage, Luigi!
What an awesome roadtrip! Keep safe and enjoy. diggerop
33
33

O.T. Trailer Trash (humour)
My wife just passed this on to me: I want to be trailer trash. They did not cause any of the problems that our country faces today. They did not get mortgages they couldn't afford. They did not run...
14
14

What is your approach to woodworking?
I have been interested in woodworking ever since I watched a crew frame a house next door to my grandmothers house. That was about 1962, I was 7. I did not get serious about it until I could afford...
66
66

Low-Angle Smooth Plane
Are you trying to spread your tool lust??? It's contagious! : ) I hope you enjoy the peace and quiet of your new hand tools! Bill
5
5

What is it? Set 310
Back at it with another set this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
25
25

O/T: This is a plug
If you like speciality cheeses, this place may interest you. haven't been in the place in almost 20 years and found the website quite by accident. About the only thing I remember other than their...
7
7