Subject Author Posted Replies

Sketchup Tool Bar Restore
As many of you Sketchup users are aware the tool bars do not lock in place. If you resize the screen the tool bars move around and relocate and once you restore the window back to full screen size the...

old lathe ID help
inherited an old lathe, and i know little about them. looks pretty simple, but no plate or label anywhere. the lathe pully does say "Craftsman", but googling around i found nothing similar. the base...
8
8

FYI Lee Valley-Last Day for Free Shipping
I just ordered the Veritas micro adjust wheel marking gauge. Wahooo!!
13
13

Walking Challenge
Well I can't keep up with Marv yet, but I did walk 1.9-2 miles today on trail. Sure is easier on the eliptical trainer, but the dogs like a real trail better. Mike M
12
12

O/T: CNN
Think back to the wild fires this fall here in SoCal. Lew ----------------------------------------------------- CNN His request approved, the CNN News photographer quickly used a cell phone to call...

Paint stick back scratcher
Use a long paint stick. Mark two lines, one 1/4 inch from the end and the other 1/2 inch from the end.. Then, using a band saw, cut about 9 cuts into the end up to the 1/4 inch line. Then sand the cut...
22
22

Ebay: JessEm Milwaukee 05626 router motor New In Box
Hello everyone, Brand new, never opened JessEm Milwaukee 05626 router, care, David. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250554666074Take http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem

Dovetail saws
I have a cabinet to make with a couple of drawers. I'm considering hand cutting dovetails for the drawers and for top rails of the carcase. When I have cut dovetails previously I have used a tenon saw...
17
17

What saw blades do you use?
Ok, you have a tablesaw, a RAS and a Mitersaw. What blades do you use in each? Thanks
27
27

repairing cherry table
Do you know what the finish is? Couldn't really say until that is known..... Allen
9
9

Happy New Year to all
Same same to all all. Safe and prosperous 2010 and beyond to you and yours.
25
25

Can't lift grime of table saw
To your list I would add: - Simple Green - Automotive tar cleaner - A good citrus-based bicycle chain cleaner I doubt if a simple household citrus cleaner will do the job, based on what you have done....
66
66

Warped interior doors
My house still has some of the original 100 year old paneled, pine doors. Unfortunately, they are all warped to some degree. Is there any way to fix this?
5
5

Cabinet saws
's a nice looking machine at a reasonable price. Grizzly Industrial, Inc. is a national retail and internet company providing a wide variety of high-quality woodworking and metalworking machinery,...
38
38

What is it? Set 317
1814 indicates gallons of gasoline delivered from an old-fashioned pump. There's a decent picture at in the picture titled "Farm gasoline pumps and cans". It's in the tallest pump, inside the glass at...
26
26