Subject Author Posted Replies

slightly relevant; How much is your spouse worth?
I was about to purchase tickets for today's woodworkig show in Timonium (Baltimore) and noticed on the discount coupon that you can bring your spouse for free or receive two dollars off your admission...
2
2

38,88 Cubic Inches
Yup, lots of storage. I spent the day assembling the 18 drawers today. These drawers will have the Arts and Crafts false fronts attached and will go under our bed, part of the Tower Bedroom Project. I...
24
24

woodworkers show in Timonium Friday, January 8
Hey Maryland Pennsylvania readers. The annual WW show is going on tomorrow. Any RecDtotters gonna be there? Look for me; I'll be wearing a ball cap and sporting a beard (Well, that's about half the...
2
2

looking at the Saw Stop saws
I am Woodcraft yesterday and I am looking at the Saw Stop saws. No money to buy one, but just thinking when I upgrade maybe I will go that route. On the saw there is a video playing that is...
158
158

What is it? Set 318
I need help identifying two of the items this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
31
31

Q from The Joint Book by Terrie Noll
If you happen to have this book, maybe you can help me. If you don't and are interested, you can also see the whole page by clicking on the follow link to and then searching inside the book for the...
19
19

Wondering if my compressor is sufficient to shoot lacquer with an HVLP gun
I picked up a 4 year old Campbell Hausfield 60 gal compressor today for $325 thinking I could use an HVLP gun to spray lacquer with it. It's 3 hp 220 volt 15 amp. After poking around the net I'm not...
2
2

Attach thin molding.
Ok. My rails are just over 3/4" thick and the groove for the panel will be 1/4" wide on center. That only leaves a little over 1/4" to attach the molding to the rail around the panel. The molding will...
11
11

Like Craftsman
Check out these guys. Sort of an ode to Gustave. Really nice stuff.
32
32

Dining chair construction
Over the holidays I went to a friend's house for dinner who had some dining chairs quite similar to these, albeit a little different (did not have the vertical "slats" between the lower part of the...
11
11

Tormek jigs on a Bench Grinder
I have a Tormek, and I found that re-shaping a HSS gouge is a PITA. Tormek recently announced a package (BGM-100) that lets you use your Tormek jigs on a bench grinder. It's just an additional jig bar...
1
1

Table Saws and Electric Garage Door Opener
Many of you know I have been planning my garage workshop. One thing that has occurred to me recently is the possible conflict in the existence of a table saw and my electric garage door opener. I have...
18
18

OT: Bedbugs
From research, they're pretty much everywhere again after the falsified data resulted in the ban on DDT. But the little bastids is here. In my house. Looks like the cost of treatment and replacing one...
20
20

Router bits for experimenting
I would like to purchase a set of fairly decent but cheap router bits to play around with and determine what I will really want to keep in my stock on a more frequent basis. I do have some I play with...
21
21

Switch Cover Plate
I ordered a new switch and cover plate for one of my Unisaws. I was sent 2 cover plates. Anyone need a new cover plate? Free plus postage. Also, I still have a 3 phase Unisaw motor, if anyone...
7
7