Subject Author Posted Replies

Link belts for the Unisaur
Not that it really needs them, but I've been wanting to give my Unisaw a birthday present of replacement link belts for quite a while, and since link belts are sold by the foot, I need to figure out...
18
18

be careful in the shop; another wake up call.
Hey Gang, I just got off the phone with my woodworking/windsurfing buddy. He was being driven to the local hospital for emergency eye surgery because he just put a nail into his cornea. I was amazed...
19
19

Cherry table top - hard enough?
I'm planning on a cherry top for a table I'm making. The finish will be Duravar. Will this be hard enough to write on without noticeable denting, or should I use maple and dye/stain it to look like...
13
13

Shelf Pin Holes
You expect a Canuck to remember failed US companies? :-P What I meant by "the owner was me" was that *I* chose the hidden fasteners. But back to your original question, no new machines... Din't need...
50
50

Iron on edge -- laminate trimmer?
I don't have much luck with those razor knife trimmers for iron on wood edging for plywood. There ok but not perfect. I'll try my laminate trimmer but before I do, has anyone done it this way? with a...
11
11

Places to get hardwood in Hampton Rds VA
I have been searching off and on for a while trying to find a "good" supplier of hardwood lumber for projects; have any of you folks found reasonably priced supplier in the VA Pennisula area? I did...
1
1

Hold my beer - I'm gonna try try something...
To prevent damage from exposure to the environment (rain, snow, salt, UV, bugs, etc) I've been thinking about wrapping the outside of some wooden boxes in stainless steel for some time now. The rough...
82
82

Record M148 Doweling Jig
Looking for a little advice. I've got a Record/Marples doweling jig that I'm looking to sell. Anyone have an idea as to what my asking price should be in Canadian funds? I'm at a complete loss here....
1
1

book recall... a bit OT or not...
Since there are frequently discussions about electrical wiring here maybe it's not OT? I thought this was kind of amusing... in twisted kind of way. ;~) 951,000 units... wonder how many projects went...
29
29

woodworkers show in Timonium
Is it me,or is the show shrinking? there were more non woodworking vendors than normal and less other woodworking was very little new to see except the new unisaw(nice), But I already have a unisaw. I...
3
3

Bosch 1617 Bearing Replacement
My 1617, single speed router is getting a little noisy and I suspect at least the bottom bearing is getting rough. I have both bearing and have Googled for repair info, but found little that is...
3
3

OT: Humor More clamping needed in the US
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nations_nipples_severely_underMark
14
14

OT: Carbon credits
Al Gore has stated that he bought carbon credits to offset the energy consumption of his house. Near as I know, there is no requirement (yet) to buy these carbon credits, no issuing agency and, near...
74
74

Do I want the Makita or the Milwaukee?
Damned Amazon sent me some emails this morning suggesting some things I might like, and the bastards were right. Reminded me that my old 14V Porter Cable cordless drill has just about outlived its...
35
35

I don't know why people make such a big deal about design...
Say you have clients that have different taste in furniture - he wants traditional, she wants modern. Is that a big problem? Hell, no! Give 'em both. have to go scrub my eyeballs now. R
30
30