Subject Author Posted Replies

Carpentry work just two weeks ago
My condolences. It's especially hard to lose a relative you really respect.
36
36

Tool pushpins
SWMBO just bought a set these, they're too nice to use in the garage but they look good on our office bulletin board. http://www.jimclift.com/catalog/item/PN122/...
1
1

Review of the Dust Deputy Cyclone
That's dependent on the definition of "fine". It's difficult to generate micron or submicron w/ a saw; even most sanding dust is larger than that. The effectiveness of a cyclone separator depends on...
38
38

What vise(s) do you own?
Hey! One time I knew a girl who could..., uh... Well, never mind.
31
31

OT: Simple English
n Victoria's time?. False Did the word 'fuck' originate as an acronym of the phrase 'for unlawful carnal knowledge'? http://www.snopes.com/language/acronyms/f
28
28

Turkey Table - Item #902
RE: Subject The above is a NYW rerun from season 9 that is being rebroadcast this week on For those of you with a bandsaw and a lathe along with your basic table saw and of course a router table, this...
3
3

BookCase Update and HDR Photog
Not nearly as big as TIFF files! Those are gargantuan! Then again, Hard Drive storage is CHEAP these days. I just put a 1T Barracuda in my desktop for $89+ (and did a clean install of Windows 7 HP)....
63
63

OT, Almost - Who Needs to Measure
I wonder if they could / will make a laser wood cutter? That will be as close to negative as we could get, me thinks. Mike in Ohio Gord
20
20

Angry Wife Tampers With Husband's Power Tools, Gets Him Shocked, "Knocked To The Ground"
Published January 09, 2010 Wife accused of vengeance against man The Olympian OLYMPIA - A woman angry that her husband left her is accused of tampering with his power tools so that when he tried to...

Folding a BS blade
Nice drive-by, Leon.
20
20

What is it? Set 319
That might be it. It didn't feel like a normal burn, and was pretty fast acting, like an electric shock, but continued to hurt for a bit afterwards. If anybody gets bored try it out some time.
32
32

Glues in the cold performance
Uh, by law in the US if they send you something you did not order they _did_ give it away.
11
11

O/T: Abby Sunderland
----------------------------------------------- "Stink boat", a term used by sailors to describe the toy power boats found in most marinas. Anything under about 60-70 ft qualifies. "Floating condos"...
277
277

would you try this router bit set up?
Yes. What he said.
6
6

Plywood Storage
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:21:57 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following: Think "4'x8'x3/4" oak", Lew. Makes your shoulders ache. -- What helps luck is a habit of watching for...
31
31