Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Government Inspired Fuel Cans + PIA
Sheeesh! Can you at least get jumper cables on it?
45
45

Veneer -- best adhesive
Like an idiot I had some walnut plywood cut and didn't consider the grain direction on it so I'll need to apply some veneer over some pieces. Haven't used veneer in a while and when I did it was self...
6
6

O/T: Dress
Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------- A woman stopped by, unannounced, at her son's house. She knocked on the door then immediately walked in. She was shocked to see her daughter-in-law lying...

OT: Minor Float
All the talk about sailing prompted me to rummage around for some photos of a leisurely couple of weeks in and around the French West Indies. When I finally found 'em, I decided this might be a good...
23
23

Hack saw push or pull ?
I need to cut some steel rod. Should a hacksaw blade be placed in the saw so as it cuts on the push or pull stroke or is just the users choice ?
13
13

Dust Collector & Sander OK Together?
I was going to get a 1HP dust collector to use with the machines in my garage/workshop. I was thinking I would replace my shop vac with the DC so I won't take up too much space. The person at the...
14
14

OT: Which proves.....
that I know nothing about 'music'. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D C=E9line Dion is proof that if you build it, they will come. The Canadian star raked in more money in the decade that ended Dec. 31 than any...
13
13

BCT Kerf Maker put to good use for the first time
I used the Kerf Maker yesterday. Worked perfectly! These 8 muntins will go in the top sections of the head board and foot board to my "Towers" bedroom re-do project I snapped the pieces together and...
1
1

OT - Big Brutus Claims a Darwinian Sky-Diver
Many who travel through the lower Midwest know about Bug Brutus. It is a huge electric-driven scoop shovel located in the extreme SE corner of Kansas. When erected, during he early 1960's, it was the...
19
19

Clumsy? Nicknamed "Stumpy"
Do you have a "frequent flier" card at the ER? Maybe this article in The Register is about you... "Yanks floored by nail guns, computers and baseballs, Hospital emergency room shockers revealed...
2
2

Off Topic: Organization Software?
I am appealing to the collective wisdom (and possible software knowledge) of the Wreck. I find myself in the midth of a large number of projects, both work related and personal. They are have a lot of...
22
22

ornamental mill
Been looking at an ornamental mill from Legacy woodworking. Read an article in a magazine about them and got me interested. Anyone know anything about them? They sure aren't cheap?
7
7

OT: Sooo true
If Journalism weren't dead Barry wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to the WH.
37
37

OT: Moved the thread about senior care
Out of respect for basilisk's thread about his loss, I moved my off topic thoughts to a new thread. I think it is pertinent information for most of us middle aged guys to be thinking of, so here is my...
33
33

Craigslist Find
I hope this is a good sander. Seems Pretty well Made, Did post this at Woodnet too. Model # is 351.225950 IIRC these were going for about $200.00 10 Years ago. It Is A Heavy Son Of A Gun. I don't...
2
2