Subject Author Posted Replies

Do Any Air Compressors Have This Feature?
work·a·round /?w?rk??round/ noun - a method for overcoming a limitation in a system. A workaround is not the same thing as a feature.
24
24

Porch railing
I live in NW GA (Atlanta), so the maximum temperature isn't likely worse that what you see. Just more days above ~90F (and more humidity, which is irrelevant in this case).
25
25

heat for garage/shop?
on Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:56:05 -0500 typed in rec.woodworking the following: Don't forget the "oderizer" added to propane so you can smell if there is a leak.
35
35

Did you join the revolution?
https://www.redstatememewar.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/img_4877.jpg
44
44

OT - Returns Revisited
idn't run. Brought it back to Walmart and the service girl noted I didn't peel off the clock face covering, which look like the real clock face. DU H! The clock worked fine. I felt like an idiot....
11
11

Finish Question
Hi Group, I have a finishing question, I need ti re-finish a entertainment center top. that I had built about 40 years ago. (cut it down to fit a new tv) I believe it was finished with lacquer...
4
4

OT: Measuring tape app for iPhone
My daughter showed this to me last night. I can't vouch for its accuracy, but it's fun and could be useful for ballpark measurements. ‎A complete toolkit in your pocket, powered by augmented...

Slightly OT: How Much Do Free Returns Cost Us?
Which business model is this? Do you have statistics to support your assertion? Your article refers to online sales sometimes having a high return rate, with clothing being the highest. This is...
81
81

Ideas for leveling this floor.
Overall, in the photo it looks pretty much like I thought it did conceptually... an ugly transition! Me personally, I'd remove the sub-flooring down to the joists and use tapered shims to make the...
16
16

Wanna Win The Megamillions Jackpot? .... for tool purchasing.
Get your Voodoo doll, now, before it's too late! With that list of beneficial services, who needs a physician, psychiatrist or financial manager. Heck, just by clicking onto this site might be all the...

Recommend work bench thickness
What is the minimum recommended bench top thickness when using bench-dogs or other types of hold-fasts? I'm replacing the top of my work table with some 1.25 inch thick butcher block. I'd like to add...
34
34

Handheld CNC router
Pretty cool, if pricey. Shaper Tools
2
2

Red Oak and Poly
Finishing my stair treads and risers with clear polyurethane. I sanded up to 220 and the surface was very smooth to the touch. After 3 coats of poly (4 coats on treads), the touch isn't really smooth....
14
14

Cutting board food safety issue
Last year, I bought some small cutting boards from a friend. I took them ho me and sanded them and then used mineral spirits to clean them up. I knew i t was wrong and I've not distributed them as...
4
4

Planing End Grain (Cutting Boards)
I went to a crafts festival and saw some end grain cutting boards. One of them was made from Douglas fir, which I just happen to have lying around. Extra boards left over for the bed I built for my...
24
24