Subject Author Posted Replies

Making a 70.6 cut on miter saw
No beer until you take the time to make the "70.6 triangle" first, which is apparently not that easy for some, according to the OP.
126
126

Video of Shop Made Sacrificial Fence Clamps
bucks in parts, plus scraps, and an hour in the shop save you 15 bucks from Rockler. Pics to follow.
13
13

Veneering
Veneer, supplies and info... Constantine's Wood Center of Florida Inc 1040 E. Oakland Park Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334 Ply, many including... Hood Distribution in Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando &...
23
23

O/T: Canuck Pride
Finally got an Olympic gold on home turf. Congrats. Lew
13
13

OT -- Backer board question
Thanks, guys. i new this was going to be a PITA when I started it. Larry Jaques wrote:
6
6

O/T: To All My Sensitive Friends
Enjoy Lew --------------------------------------- Three rednecks were working up on a cell phone tower: Cooter, Ronnie and Donnie. As they start their descent, Cooter slips, falls off the tower and is...

Stow,Ohio
"That's a joke, son!" Or it would be, if there weren't parents who take that stand. And, of course, you are right -- teachers and admins have been hamstrung by the threat of litigation. The ONLY...
11
11

Shopsmithless in Grass Valley
Hi all. I have a Shopsmith Mark V that I obtained in 1987 and used two or three times at most. I moved from the Montreal area (relatively humid in summer, dry in winter) to the Sierras in California...
8
8

Re: Rum And Coke
------------------------------------------- Been around but still has legs. Lew
1
1

Lid Supports
Would like to use the lid supports from Rockler as per However Rockler is out of stock. Have goggled for another supplier for these supports with no luck. Would anybody know of any other supplier for...
7
7

Shellac flakes
Do shellac flakes go bad after being stored for an extended period of time? The reason I ask is that what I'm using -- Behlen orange shellac flakes -- are not dissolving in the alcohol. Best guess is...
6
6

Would adding a 5 or 10 gallon portable tank to my compressor be helpful?
I have a $99 (on-sale) Harbor Freight 10 gallon compressor that I have been really satisfied with for my home-hobbyist use -- it has more than paid for itself many times over. I was wondering though...
6
6

What final grit of sandpaper for paint-grade projects?
This is probably a really basic question. But is there any general rule of what the final grade of sandpaper should be for a project that you plan to prime and paint? I have always sanded up to 220...
4
4

refinish help
I have an old solid wood filing cabinet I got for free. Nothing special. Soft wood. In bad shape, old stain and poly type finish looks terrible. Several bad places need repair. I took it completely...
3
3

air for spray booth
Virtually all my projects got a hand rubbed finish that didn't require any spraying. Still, about anybody with a shop will occasionally need to spray something, even if it's from a spray can of paint....