Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: Bring Back The Koala
Hey Morris, How bout bring back the koala? Purty Please. Lew
6
6

Can you make your own Wipe-on Poly by adding mineral spirits?
I notice that the Minwax Wipe-on Poly sells for more than the standard brush-on Poly (in part becomes it comes only in smaller cans). My understanding is that Wipe-on Poly is just regular polyurethane...
13
13

Can you identify the type of wood on this (bathroom) vanity
Vanity is probably 50+ years old. I would like to identify the wood type: 1a. Vanity top - underside http://173.76.230.177:8080/public/ http://173.76.230.177:8080/public/ (Note the strip at the bottom...
14
14

The install was much harder than the build
I built a large multi-deck shelf for the garshop. It took a short time to build, the hardest part being to get the shelves attached to the supports. Nothing fancy. Time to install. The first step is...

Sanding for finishing
Awhile ago the question was asked about sandpaper grit for finish work. Though the general consensus agreed upon the small range of grit, one question I was wondering when sanding to stain and finish...
4
4

MLCS Fast Joint Precision Joinery System
Rather than hijack Mike's thread on the MLCS Dovetail Jig, thought I'd start my own - anyone have any experience / thoughts on the MLCS Fast Joint Precision Joinery System? interesting (though I'm not...
3
3

motor starters
My Delta HD shaper has a bad motor starter. Grizzly is offering a new one for $69.00. My shaper is 230 v. sgl. phase. Motor is 3 HP. Anyone ever used one of these Grizzly starters? Are they junk or...
4
4

MLCS Dovetail Jig?
MLCS has a decent looking dovetail jig, #8706 I'm thinking of getting it. For $54/shipped, it looks like the best bang-for-the-buck for sub-$100 jigs. Anyone have any hands-on experience with this...
6
6

Workbench Top
Following Lew's outline for making a workbench top, I plan to rip some 8-foot, 2 by 8s, with my BS (since I already own one and not a TS yet) and glue them face-to-face, with the factory milled edge...
5
5

Trash day can't come soon enough
I've been thinking about building a trash can storage bin to get the trash cans out of my garshop and outside where they belong. We live in an area prone to heavy snowfalls, with lots of wild animals...
25
25

Multimaster-type tools and blades.
I understand that old style Fein units will take anybody's blades. The newer style, with the star, won't. I did a bit of Googelarizing and found this: anybody here have anything to add?
60
60

Scroll saw baldes
What brand of scroll saw blades are the best? I'm tasked with cutting out 36 8.5 x 11 jigsaw puzzles out of 1/4" birch ply. I was in the blue borg last night and their selection totaled Vermont...
7
7

O/T: Another Winner - Not
the voice of inexperience. Lew http://tinyurl.com/ydmnvr8Obviously
13
13

Appropriate screws for the *sides* of plywood (?)
I was wondering this. It's never ideal of course, but sooner or later for small projects I end up needing to end-screw (side screw?) into a plywood sheet. Is there a "teethier" than normal woodscrew...
17
17

Handheld Planers - thankx
Thank you all for your thoughts. If nothing else, DadiOH's idea for the router bed could be just as much fun as destroying wood in any other fashion. But the more I think about it, the more I lilke...