Subject Author Posted Replies

Festool, DeWalt, or Makita?
I've been using a shop-made, 9 foot long, guide to cut plywood, etc. It's just a 1x4 screwed to 1/2 inch Baltic Birch ply. The edge of the 1X4 has acquired a slight groove where the foot of the...
74
74

RE: Pepper Mills
Most pepper mills, IMHO, are a day late and a dollar short. They jam up, don't hold regristation, and in general, a total PITA. Several years ago, found a Japanese unit, with ceramic cutters, on the...
7
7

Kreg beaded face frame system
Anybody used it? Looks like fun but I think someone from Festool or Fein must be consulting them on their pricing.
5
5

Bench-top drill press
Any recommendations for a solid reliable brand/model. Don't even mention Craftsman! ;) nb
20
20

If JOAT could do it........
I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today Welcome to evenfallstudios.com
10
10

Totally Turning and Showcase video
Here are a couple links for video taken at my club's woodworking show "Showcase," and at the "Totally Turning" event in Saratoga Springs, NY this past weekend. There will be more to come...
14
14

pin oak lumber
2 large pin oak trees came down in my friends yard in northern NJ. trunks straight for 30 ft and avg 28" in diameter. can anyone tell me if these trees produce an interesting usable lumber. wondering...
7
7

Miter Saw vs. Radial Arm Saw
While scrounging on Craig's List, I found a couple old Dewalt Radial Arm saws. One is pretty pricey at $325 but one is $85 and the other is only $70. Would it be worth it to purchase one of these or...
14
14

Dodged a Bullet Last Night
From the damage I estimate an F2-F3 tonado 2-3 miles from my home. A total of 8 touched down in High Point last night. Scary stuff. Pictures from a nearby neighborhood:
46
46

Oval picture frame
I have an oval picture for which I would like to make a frame. I can draw the oval As I see it there would be two parts in cutting the oval. ----- The oval cut that would eventually frame the picture....
46
46

Free saw blade books
Free saw blade books If you email I will reply and attach 2 pdf=92s. 1. Lowell Freeborn=92s Carbide Saw Manual. 2. Carbide Saw Specification Manual Lowell Freeborn started SystiMatic with Bob Budke...
3
3

Lockwood dyes - water based
After you mix up a batch of water based aniline dye, how long is it good for? Does it have a lifespan, or can you just mix up a whole quart and save what you don't use for a week, a month or a year?...
1
1

My apologies!!
I want to apologize if I offended anyone or if I violated any user rules. I will remove my original posting. Charlie
19
19

Proof that Men Do Remember
A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband is not in bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of Cocoa in...
2
2

Adjustable Height Workbench
HI, I am new to this group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Charlie and I live in Minnesota. A few years ago I got a backache because my workbench was too low for the work I was doing. If I...
47
47