Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: Remembered
It was announced on the news tonight that today was the 65th anniversary of FDR's death. Did a flash back to that day and the day after. It was a typical Northern Ohio Mid April weather, cold and...
7
7

Another Planer Question
I've been looking for a 15" planer for a long time. There's a used Grizzly 1021 available, locally, for about $500.... I haven't inspected it, yet. I will definitely be planing 12" - 15" boards. Did a...
14
14

Triumph Rocket III - manufacture & testing
Monty P. would be proud of this one. it is on topic. Note the trees in the background. Art
19
19

OT: Suffer from anxiety? Take a trip.
Scientists are studying the drugs’ potential for treating mental problems and illuminating consciousness.
1
1

Which Planer
I have been renting a house for a while and in an apartment for the last year and my tools have been packed up in storage. In another week I am closing on a house and finally get to set my shop back...
34
34

Lower cost drill bushings?
I've been needing some drill bushings for shop made jigs and see that the ones from LV are close to $2.70 each and the inserts ar $2.35 each. Seems expensive to me but what do I know. Anyone know...
12
12

Just got a planer... Anything I should know?
I just purchased the DeWalt 735 planer last night, and read over the manual. Operation seems easy enough, and in practice has been. I managed to get some snipe on a board and then almost eliminate it...
34
34

What is a "Flattener"?
I just heard of a woodworking machine called a "Flattener" today. We were at a birthday party and I asked for advice about taking the twist out of a 9/4 walnut board, 8" wide and 5' long, without...
15
15

Need hellp using MDF
I suspect that if your initial coats are fine and your subsequent coats are having problems I suspect that MDF is not your problem. More than likely your surface is becoming contaminated between...
11
11

Bending skirting board to fit a bay window.
Hi All Sorry to be asking for advice again, but I would rather ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake! I have a bay which has been plastered to a smooth curve, which I need to bend skirting...
12
12

Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?
I had a more difficult time with Tage Frid's first book. I found the pictures very difficult to follow. Didn't make it very far before I had to return it to the library. Maybe next time.
217
217

Re: Obtaining or making 1/2" pine T&G
Do you mean white pine? It's not 1/2". Looks like at least 3/4". Tongue & groove on 1/2" lumber is not practical for much of anything. He has a pretty nice shop, so he could have easily milled it...
4
4

Bosch Daredevil Bits
Anyone tried one of the Bosch Daredevil spade bits? I just did at my local industrial supply's open house. The Bosch rep introduced it as something that would change my life, and had me drill a couple...
11
11

MFT3 + T75 vs Kapex.
Same money, give or take. I can think of all kinds of reasons to go with the MFT & T75 because it will do so much more than the Kapex... and I am wondering if the Kapex would be more accurate if at...
6
6

RE: Jointer Alternative
Courtesy of WoodSmithShop. http://tinyurl.com/ylmd57zLew