Subject Author Posted Replies

pre-hug doors and hardwood floors
Question one might be "is there a better forum for this question?" Need to understand sequencing of installation of new doors and new hardwood floor in existing home. I have an entry way to my home 6'...
15
15

O/T: Cajun Cooking
http://tinyurl.com/297auj3
1
1

Drawer time
I'm curious...how long do you figure it would take you to make a drawer? Obviously, it takes less time per unit when you are making numerous but I'm talking about one drawer from rough lumber to ready...
27
27

Mother of Pearl Inlay?
What adhesive is usually used to glue mother of pearl inlay in with. I need to repair a chair that has been f**ked up by someone else repairing it and need to clean and repair it properly pics posted...
5
5

Wire size
After many years of use the cord on my Sears table saw is running out of space to wrap electrical tape around it. This is the cord from the switch not the cord from the motor to the switch. The motor...
24
24

OT: Need Laminate Help
I had a piece of laminate pull apart from a counter top. It is an island counter that has a curved edge. I bought a laminate trimmer today (Bosch) and realized that I will not be able to get the...
11
11

Bi-fold door hardware question
Some while back, browsing at the library, I saw an ad in Fine Woodworking for bi-fold door hardware that allows the door to swing OUT of the opening when in the open position. In other words, the door...
13
13

Whose Blades fit the HF Multitool?
I picked up the HF Multitool/multimaster knockoff, the single speed variety and thought that I heard here that the Dremel blades would fit. Well, the Dremel blade did not fit the HF tool. Obviously...
10
10

MDF/Particle board for nursery
I am posting this for a friend who is ordering a bed for her nursery. She is worried about the building materials, and potential 'fumes' given off if she does not use real, solid wood. I'm wondering...
2
2

Norm sighting (sort of)
I saw a guy the other day who was the spitting image of Nahm - I mean a dead ringer, but mebbe 30# or so thinner. I had to ask if he'd heard the comparison before. He said not only does he hear it all...
11
11

Wallpaper
Show of hands: WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do? DOES it get any easier after the 4th beer?
32
32

Just Rambling Along....
Got tired of looking for a good used planer, so I purchased/ordered a new Delta 22-790X with the mobile base. It's backordered, so I won't get it until mid June. I requested a $200 rebate, in place of...

OT Usenet server?
Just got notice from Cox that they will be discontinuing Usenet service. Of course the price didn't go down but now I need to find another Usenet provider. I don't download binaries (other than a few...
24
24

Easy sanding primer revisited
A couple of weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions for a wood primer that sanded very easily, dried fast and built up well. There were a number of suggestions but the one that sounded best to me...

OT - locksets.
This is likely not the appropriate NG to be asking but I'm so impressed with the knowledge here (G) that I thought I'd ask anyway. I want to replace all the exterior door locksets and deadbolts. I've...
92
92