Subject Author Posted Replies

I could cry...
I've been making a cabinet for our screen porch. It has been kinda fun because I bought nothing (except hinges) to make it, been using stuff I had left over from other projects. The last thing I had...
14
14

What happened to JOAT?
Have not seen any thing here from JOAT for quite a while....WW
23
23

Off Topic: Combo Basketball & Aviation
I saw this on the news. Funny stuff. of interesting trick and improbable basketball shots listed on the youtube page.
2
2

Tool review - Harbor Freight
(Cross posted to and rec.woodworking) Bought a mobile base for some of my power tools. $ 34.99 at my local store. (Compare to circa $90 elsewhere) After assembly and try-out, I went back and bought 4...
19
19

14000 woodworking projects
learn how to make 14000 different things from wood. you pay a low one time free and you get all the designs, i was just on a website like 10 minutes ago that said pay $1.50 per design and for this...
2
2

O/T: Two Plastic Bags
Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------------------- A little old lady was walking down the street dragging two large plastic garbage bags behind her. One of the bags was ripped and every once in...
3
3

Potential Woodworking Content...
I'm posting this here because I think the technology would work great on wood. There is no massive chip build-up issue with wood and the hole size could theoretically be increased by quite a bit with...
4
4

Ping: Morris Dovey
Morris, Would the name Donald E. Hume remind you of anyone. Neil
4
4

Wooden lockers: can it (should it) be done?
I'm just toying with the idea. My work has some showers, but there are no lockers there, which means you get to drag your stinky clothes to your actual office... Anyways, I was thinking that it...
4
4

Ping: Swingman [OT]
In my efforts to nudge solar technology in the general direction of energy independence in individual and small community contexts, I seem to be developing some unsought adversarial relationships......
13
13

Deck stain/treatment application
We are in the process of applying a tinted deck preserver (Flood UVP) to our old deck. Done this many times before, but this time around we've got a new problem. The deck is 30 years old, surface is...
4
4

OT: hail in Oklahoma
Keep with it through at least 3:00 mins alive. -Zz
6
6

Paddle Stairs
For those who don't know what this is, it is a stairs used in places where there is not enough space for an ordinary staircase. The treads are shaped so that they alternate between being wider on the...
7
7

Clear, durable finish for redwood?
Hi all. I just finished installing the fence gate that I mentioned about a month ago. SWMBO informed me that she likes the redwood grain appearance so I would like your advice on a fast inexpensive,...
45
45

OT: Public Service Annoucement (CPR refresher)
Well everone needs a refresher in CPR right? http://vimeo.com/11673844Mark
2
2