Subject Author Posted Replies

Considering Used Tools
the top--it looks like the rail is slanting downward to the right. Does this suggest a problem?
45
45

advice on table top finish
I have a dining table top with a repaired veneer finish. It has had three coats of waterbased Ronseal called 'Diamond hard varnish' put onto to it. Trouble is, that if water is not wiped off staight...
8
8

wood movement - a little OT
Have they ruled out the metal rails of the track changing length with changing temperature? Some RR'ers solder the track section joints for better electrical performance and some don't. Those that...
4
4

Fein vs Harbor Freight Blades
Harbor Freight sells a multi-purpose tool, according to the label made by Chicago Electric they also carry an assortment of accessory blades which fit their tool. I have an early model Fein multi...

Shop Layout Feedback
Doug Winterburn wrote in news:4c07b165$0$11435$ all. Since it's one of my most used tools, I had to switch to something else. Puckdropper
34
34

What is it? Set 339
As also mentioned on the web site, I'll be posting a couple days early next week. http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
35
35

Kreg Jig Deck Kit
I've just been looking at the Kreg Deck jig being advertised on Lee Valley's website. was wondering about fastening deck boards as demonstrated by this jig. For those of you experienced with building...
1
1

Question about decks and Kreg Jig kit...
I've just been looking at the Kreg Deck jig being advertised on Lee Valley's website. was wondering about fastening deck boards as demonstrated by this jig. For those of you experienced with building...
32
32

I'm curious; Anyone here have the New Unisaw?
From what I understand from the Woodcraft guys, if the new Unisaw is setting next to a SawStop TS the SawStop sells. My local Woodcraft has not yet sold it's first new Unisaw since it got the saw last...
21
21

OT: Funny warning sign
On Wed, 02 Jun 2010 20:03:21 -0700, jo4hn wrote the following: Both are excellent. -- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to...
4
4

O/T: Old Guy's Wise Words
Enjoy Lew --------------------------------------------------------------- As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our...
1
1

Sparkette
Sparky tells me he does not have any flight information for his return trip to Az. Does Sparky need to reprint a boarding pass?? Is that possible or do you need to mail him back some paperwork to use...
5
5

Curvy sided Birdhouse
I want to build a couple of these for my wife's garden: can't quite figure out how I could get the curvy sides though. Any suggestions? -Jim...
15
15

Shop Wall and Electric
When I get a few minutes, I'll reply and tell the story of how I discovered that the previous owner of my home was trying to burn it down and collect the insurance.
206
206

Plate Height above Sub-floor
OK, I may be calling the two-by at the bottom of a stick built wall section the "plate" in error. It may have another name and I'll be happy to learn it as well if that is the case. But, for now, I...
3
3