Subject Author Posted Replies

Drill or Bore a deep hole
I need to drill a hole 1" in diameter through a 3" X 3" X 10" piece. It has to be close to center and 10" long. All my 1" bits are 5" or less in length. I know, I can drill it half way, then turn it...
10
10

What do you use for a deep clamp?
Just noticed some Irwin 9SP 9" locking C clamps (two per package for $20 US) at the local mega hardware store, and grabbed them. They have smaller Vise Grip handles and lighter duty clamp jaws than...
7
7

Ping: Upscale
Hey, hope you survived the adventures yesterday. That was a day I am glad I do not live downtown.
1
1

Source wanted for non standard router collet
Hey All, I just started looking around for a collet for my Porter Cable router that is designated for 8mm router bits. I am already using the collet adapter but I would prefer to have a simpler setup,...
10
10

Popular Woodworking make over
In article , wrote: I thought it was just me who felt that way! It seems to me that they are trying to become more like FWW. I'm not trying to say there isn't a place for this type of magazine in the...
16
16

door sprung - hanging no mortise hinges
Maybe someone has ideas. I'm using no mortise hinges (not wrap around) on doors. When I put the first one on the hinge seems like it's "sprung" for lack ofa better term. The far side of the door...
6
6

Reverse Osmosis Systems
Pure Aqua, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of Reverse Osmosis Systems, and Components, both for industrial and commercial applications. Pure Aqua Products have earned an...
1
1

Drill bit size for copper pipe union?
Plumbing stuff is specced by inside diameter. O.D. is whatever the manufacturer feels like.
31
31

3/4" Shank CNC Router Bits
Shaper bits go on an arbor. 3/4 shank is common for CNC routers.
4
4

Recommend quick change drills/bits?
I bought some cheapies from Lowe's recently. They are supposed to be titanium coated. They are the type with the aluminum color shanks. Some of them were noticeably crooked coming-out of the shank....
14
14

Planing MDF
Was making up a jig yesterday and found after the glue had dried that my miter slider was a little oversized. With the alternatives being to pry it apart, which never goes well with MDF, or start over...

OT- On/Off Switch
Saw a tv commercial the other night. Its a Jeep commercial on how productive the US use to be. I noticed when an electrical switch was activated the colors were reversed. The ON part of the switch was...
8
8

RE: African Mahogany
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 03:16:44 -0700 (PDT), Andy Dingley wrote the following: On the gripping hand, African is neither attractive nor workable. On a realistic level, African doesn't compare to Honduran...
15
15

FA: Robert Sorby Turning Tool Set
Sold my large lathe so am selling my turining tools: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120586187947 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem

What is it? Set 342
1963 I agree that this looks like a gauge, to check that the distance between two points is within some limit, but... The shape of the pins (conical, blunted tip, parallel diagonal flats on...
27
27