Subject Author Posted Replies

Hair Drill Warning
Using one of those 24" drill bits (from HFT) to drill a hole through three pieces of material while standing on a ladder I felt something. I kept on going and drilled the first eight-inch hole, drove...
34
34

For Sale: 36" Northfield Bandsaw
If the American government was not $11,000,000,000,000.00 + in debt perhaps the American businesses could afford to build a product that is compeditive. But it appears that the answer from out...
20
20

Forstner question, freud vs amana
Just lost my 3/4" Forstner. Rolled off the bench, heard it hit, but it's nowhere to be found--either the Floor Monster or the Sawdust Monster must have eaten it. I'm in the middle of a paying project...
2
2

Electrical Fire Followup
The electrician got here today. The cause looks like arcing, as was suggested here. We've got a new timer and the proper external box. The timer was the Intermatic T101, the one I was looking at...
2
2

victorian millwork
Hello again, This exterior door I'm working on has victorian millwork that has largely failed. I don't even know the names of the parts that I need to replace. (Maybe someone can help me with that.)...
3
3

Steam bending advice
I need to bend some 3/16" oak and I know enough to know I shouldn't overcook it. Can some one give me a guideline on how long to leave it in? Thanks in advance, Phil Brown
26
26

What is it? Set 344
I need help finding an answer for two of them this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
69
69

9" Bandsaw adjustment
So why not use the Jet for the somple cuts??? I do somple cuts with my 16" Laguna.
7
7

latch hardware
I'm refinishing an exterior front gate with a steel latch mechanism. The gate is pretty massive, and when it hits the back side of the latch, it bounces out of the groove that would otherwise make it...
8
8

OT: Alice's Restaurant: The Trashing of a Legend
By Gene Weingarten Sunday, July 4, 2010 Like many middle-age people, I wear more than one hat. I'm a husband, a father, a journalist, a role model to a generation of idealistic young Americans, etc....
6
6

Saw Motor S.O.T. NOT
It turns out that the 240VAC motor I asked about was NOT a "saw motor" but the motor on a compressor that is labled as a Compressor Motor. Problem that motivated the questions about the 240 VAC vs....
3
3

Green Eggs and Obam
From email: I do not like this Uncle Sam, I do not like his health care scam. I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books. I do not like when Congress steals, I do not like...
5
5

MDF door
Sorry about the new thread, but I marked the thread as read and then decided to reply. In a previous home, I had a 42" doorway 8' tall between a storage room and my garage. I wanted the large opening...
2
2

wainscoting design
I am recmoding the dinig room of my 1860's vintage home. I intend to install frame and (flat) panel wainscoting with a simple bevel to echo the style of the interior doors. I plan to have roughly 4...
13
13

Raised Panel Door Question
I've made raised panel doors out of wood. Standard rail and style frame routed with a profile to hold the raised panel in place. The raised panels are made slightly smaller that the rail and style...
17
17