Subject Author Posted Replies

rehabilitating crappy doors
I love my girlffriend, but sometimes she's just in my way when I need to make a change in her house. She had another guy come in and replace several doors. It was a bigger job than I could do at the...
15
15

OT: Too funny not to share.
Our daughter received a mylar helium filled Smiley balloon from a well- wishing friend (wisdom teeth surgery). Slowly that balloon came down lower from the ceiling till Moxie The Dog finally could...
10
10

What is it? Set 345
It may be a lettering style common with Leroy sets, but zooming in the ends of the strokes (e.g. the tops of the 'U' or the right ends of the 'E') do not have the rounded ends provided by the pens...
3
3

Belt Sander Belt Tape
I picked up a large box of belts. They are new old stock. The belt abrasive and fabric are fine. When you run a belt it snaps apart at the taped joint after a few pressured revolutions. The clear tape...
49
49

O/T: Leave it to the Krauts
Somebody had to do it. http://tinyurl.com/39xgkwcLew
13
13

OT: Free Range Children - With a little woodworking
BBC News - Letting children off the leash
42
42

RE: An Oldie But Goodie
saw horse design that first appeared in Mother Earth many years ago as a $6 saw horse. If you follow the cut list exactly, you get a saw horse from two 2x4's, some saw dust and not much else. Have...
19
19

It's JUNK! No, it's ART!
"[POST MILLS, Vt.] Does a 25-foot-tall, 122-foot-long [wooden] dinosaur need a permit to avoid extinction?" 't need no permit to extinct the other dinosaurs. Goddam HOAs.
11
11

HF Multi-tool
Now available in a pneumatic version. http://tinyurl.com/28cjwxj

Anyone know about Bosch quickchange compact drill drivers?
Specifically, the PS21-2A. The item I just bought does not hold all of my quickchange drill bits properly. At the same time, my Bosch I-Driver holds the same bits perfectly. I really really like this...
9
9

Woodworking Auction Today. Some real nice Cherry wood
All Went to a Woodworking auction today. Lots or nice lots of real nice wood. And prices were good. WOW. I bought 28 pieces of Cherry. My weakness. 2X6, 8, 10, 12 and some in between sizes. Everything...
5
5

OT: I'll just leave this here.
Is he on to something?
34
34

The fragrance of tools
My tools used to stink too and then I learned how to use them more effectively. We all know about the Harbor Freight stink, of Cosmoline and cheap rubber and other suchlike. Well I had a rather...
5
5

interesting woodwork
I came across this guys site while websurfing, he has some nice looking pieces. http://www.public.iastate.edu/~mcquist/personal/index.phpbasilisk
1
1

Epoxy to fill knot voids at edge?
I actually have most of the original knots still in place, but some of them are loose and there's wild grained gaps up to half a centimetre across near the centre plug. I like the wax idea. I'm going...
29
29