Subject Author Posted Replies

HF Variable Speed Multi-Tool -- Soft Start?
I picked up one of these for $49.95 yesterday. When I got it home I was surprised that it seems to have a soft-start function. The box and instruction manual do not mention it; but there is a brief...
9
9

Ping - Robatoy
As you may have guessed I didn't make it to Sarnia this trip. We left El Paso 6/4/10, stopped in Amarillo to tour Palo Duro Canyon, on to St. Louis to the "Arch", Gateway to the West". Toured the Ford...
2
2

working with plexiglass
I planning a project where I'll need to make boxes with plexiglass sides. I need to know 2 things: 1. What adhesive to bond 2 pieces of plexiglass? 2. What adhesive to bond edges of plexiglass boxes...
51
51

rolling lumber cart (not sheetgoods) design
I made a modified version of this for sheetgoods wanted to optimize space, so I used 1/2" conduit for the bars, stood all my end 2x's on edge and put one hole out on the 8' 2x,and lined up a pair of...
13
13

Refinishing furniture
We have an old piece of furniture that my wife wants to refinish white for my daughter's room. The piece is a maple piece varnished with a gloss finish (but finishes are my weak point so I can't tell...
21
21

FA: Crown Wood Turning Tools
Sold my big lathe so I'm auctioning some nice Crown Wood Turning tools, including a David Ellsworth Fingernail Gouge. Shop eBay for great deals from marty_in_mesa!

OT: More attractive (less ugly) external house wiring.
I am repainting the house and need to re-run the external house wiring, coaxial cable, telephone, etc. Is there a more attractive way to dress these wires on the outside of the house besides multiple...
12
12

Replace/weld Carbide tooth
All I picked up a bunch of saw blades and two of them have a carbide tooth missing. Are replacement teeth available to weld on or does this not happen? Thanks Bob AZ
17
17

warped cedar gate
Final stages of completing my gate (thanks for the help along the way guys). Turns out I have one corner that has warped during the construction, ie. it is high compared to the remaining face....
7
7

OT: Toilet installation
I have installed a new toilet, well actually replaced one and moved the better one to my ensuite. The plumber thought I was doing ceramics and put a 3/4" plywood under the toilet flange. I thickened...
7
7

OT - Shop Dog is Gone
We boarded our 13 year old German Shepherd early this week while we went to Table Rock for a few day. He has been going downhill during the past year; and lately he has had trouble just walking to the...
21
21

O/T: Sticky
At 16:00 hours, it's 94F outside my window, which is NBD, except for the "humanditity". This is SoCal, basically a paved desert, not wetlands like South Florida. Humidity is not in SoCal DNA. Oh well,...
20
20

need sawmill in Winston Salem NC area
Greetings from the big sand-bar (Florida) where kiln-dried roughcut hardwoods are readily available if a bit expensive, but air-dried, suitable for bending, hardwoods are as rare as hen's-teeth. I am...

Sources for shopbot patterns?
"Robatoy" wrote You can contact me at (Obvious error in addy) ===================== Geeeeeeee, I wonder what the error could be?
3
3

Router lift recommendations
Has anyone bought or used a router lift that they really like or should stay away from? Considering one for my Bosch router. Leaning towards the Bench Dog ProLift. MJ
94
94