5 Besseys for $78

Page 2 of 3

Yup, me too. Ordered 5 besseys in this deal, and got 5 different UPS tracking numbers!! Three are schedule to arrive tomorrow - but in 3 different boxes.

Yea, I got a notice for 4 out of 5 all individually via FedEx ground.
Darrell
wrote in message

I don't know.... Is it possible Amazon has their own special deal with the carriers such as a negotiated fixed monthly rate? Every company I've worked for has had at least one "800 pound gorilla" customer (Deere & Co., Microsoft, Veterans Administration) that could get just about whatever they wanted. Amazon would certainly fall into that category as a customer of UPS or FedEx.
"Keith Carlson" wrote in message

worked
they
UPS
Which means that customers of other companies pay for the nonsense.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05
"arw01" wrote in message

But "packages" usually are, which is the subject of the conversation.
Then again, and this being a culture where appearance counts, and with roughly 144 cubic inches of 24" clamp per 4 cubic foot package, they're certainly coming closer to filling up those trucks.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Look at some of the Priceline deals on hotel and airline offerings.
I've flown 1300 miles for $50, and stayed in $150/night hotel rooms for $45, because I could do it last minute. The airplane was already going, and the hotel has a relatively small incremental cost of cleaning the room. Both businesses made something from my last minute business.
Back in the day, long distance calling was even sold this way. Large blocks were sold to universities and businesses at odd hours, in a use it or lose it deal, because the network was sitting there unused. The universities phone companies would offer cheap time "sales" to their residential students, the corporations would move large blocks of less-time sensitive data.
"Bruce Barnett" wrote

Not necessary.
Lots of clamps is healthy for woodworkers.
Although it may be time to exchange plans for a clamp cart.
bf wrote:

You are a gentleman and a scholar!
bf wrote:

I CAN'T GET THE BESSEY24 TO WORK. THE SAVON125 WORKS....
bf wrote:

I called customer service. they said you can't use 2 promos that don't have hyphens in them. I tried repeatedly on an order of 4 82" besseys. I finally settled for the $30 off and free delivery...
Dave

Great, I wonder if that means I'll get charged more on my CC than the $78.36. I do have a confirmation email so hopefully they will back it up.
Gary
GeeDubb wrote:

turns out you have to ORDER the free clamp; then the promo works. i called customer service again and they explained it better than the first rep.
Dave

You mean just like the note you quoted above clearly indicated? <g>

alexy wrote:

excuse me, but the OP didn't CLEARLY say you had to ORDER the 24" . just that you had to order bigger ones and then put in the codes. RIGHT or WRONG?? and the first customer service rep was way off base in her explanation of why I couldn't use 2 codes.
Dave

Obviously not clearly enough <g> That is what I read into the following:

Read kind like a transaction summary to me.

Not the way I read it. Looked to me like you put in all of them, which totaled to $133.80 and then got a credit in dollars offsetting the charge for one 24".

Not surprising

I passed on the entire deal....Over the years I ahve acumulated plenty of 24's and enough 31's to do what I need (I know youcan never have enough clamps BUT I do not honestly need more of those sizes... BUT I have always desired about 10 to 12 little 12 inchers and NEVER could pull the trigger on paying that much for a 12 inch clamp...
Still can;'t
Bob G.
bf wrote:

thanks; I ordered my clamps and will get the freebie and $30 off...after a couple calls to customer service because I didn't understand how to get the free clamp...all is well now!
dave
bf wrote:

Shouldn't that be SAVONI25 ?
er
--
email not valid

Enoch Root wrote:

Sorry, I don't understand the question .. if you go to any woodworking item page on amazon now, they will have the promo code you can cut and paste..but I believe it is SAVON125
As in: "save on one hundred twenty five."