Subject Author Posted Replies

An interesting Festool possibility
Never thought about it until I saw this on Craigslist: out your Festools! I know, I know, sacrilege, but it's still an interesting idea. R http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/tls/1870550646.htmlRenting
17

FAceshields
I have several faceshields, all variants of the basic MSA unit, seen here: annoyance is I often get chips or sawdust coming underneath the visor, since it sits several inches away from my face. Has...
5
5

Sawhorse Outfeed Table
I've been using this for quite some time, and it's working quite well. It takes only a short time to build, and while it requires some futzing every now and again, does its job well. The sawhorse...
2
2

Considering taking the Plunge on a Festool TS55 saw
There's a 10% off detail on this (expensive) saw, and I am seriously tempted. Anyone have any reasons NOT to get one? I have a good tablesaw, but the ability to deal with sheet goods and natural-edge...
25
25

Anyone Need Special Collet Chucks
Does anyone out there need or desire an ER32 collet chuck for a 5/8" motor shaft mount? I had a customer order a few, they went out of business and now I've got these $265 chucks, brand new and almost...

What is it? Set 347
Bricks? Rob H. wrote:
17
17

DeWalt "sawzall" recip saw
In 2001, I purchased a set of DeWalt 18v tools that included the typical drill, light, "sawzall" (dunno what DeWalt calls them) and a couple other battery tools. Outside of the drill, the "sawzall" is...
5
5

OT - number blocking
We have our number blocked on our land line phone. Imagine my surprise when I called a merchants 800 number this morning and as soon as the call was answered a computer voice informed me of the status...
19
19

Shop A/C
This sweltering summer has made me think a bit more about cooling the shop a bit. I have about 1,024 sf with a 10+ foot ceiling and lots of insulation; and I can do the capacity calculation. I should...
17
17

danish oil on qtr sawn white oak project
Hello I made a cribbage for a fundraiser this Sat night 7/31. I was going to just poly it but thought it may look better with a coat of Danish oil so the flecks pop a bit. Can I apply the oil Wed...
8
8

MLCS router bits
In the hunt for some dado router bits for a project that is up and coming. I've searched around and found that MLCS has what I need at a very good price. Curious if anyone has good/bad experience with...
13
13

need advice on hand sharpened Disston saw on ebay
I'm thinking about bidding on this saw: idea what it's worth or how much time goes into sharpening a saw like this one? Just how difficult is it to do a decent sharpening job? Thanks in advance
12
12

Woodturning Skew Chisel Question
Uphill or downhill? Thanks, s
12
12

Sawmill in Houston for large unusual trees
I read a while back about a company in Houston that specializes in harvesting large unusual local trees for furnitures (tabletops, etc). We have a Black Jack Oak that is over 100 years old that has...
8
8

Small boxes and trays--how to attach the bottom?
I am building a series of various (Shaker replica) trays. These are of various sizes and woods (pine, cherry, walnut, mahogany). All have solid wood bottoms and the largest is walnut (30"x17"). How...
1
1