Subject Author Posted Replies

Way O.T. Coffee on Route 66
I am driving from Florida to New England by way of New Orleans, Vicksburg, St Lois. I know, long way around. I would like to stop and have a cup of coffee on Route 66 (bucket list item) Where in St...
35
35

How To Make a Spokeshave (Link)
Stumbled across an old link I had. TeachShave by John Gunterman

Sources for Stanley plane parts
I just bought a number 78 at a yard sale for $5. Now it would be a gloat except that it is missing the fence, parts G & F here: know where these can be had? -Jim...
4
4

Advice on building my first cabinet project (Kitchen Island)
I want to build a kitchen island, ~3' x4'. I am going to use a slab of granite for the top, but have some questions on the carcass. I have lot of black cherry that came from a tree I felled and had...
37
37

Pin Routing and Plaster of Paris
OK, yet another pin routing thread. I figured I wouldn't hijack woodworkers thread again. So I had a chance to use my pin router this weekend, and it worked great. I used it to make a relief for a...
7
7

polishing a Randall knife
I have this great hunting knife that I'm trying to keep pristine. When sharpening it I got some scratches on the side of the blade. I have a Delta slow speed grinder and a cloth wheel but what...
5
5

Western Kentucky Woodworking
Kind of new to this part of the country, any recommendations on good sources for Hardwood suppliers in the Western Kentucky area.

Thought experiment
Last night I was watching the "Handyman Challenge" and their first challenge went something like this: You get 2 sheets of 3/4" plywood. You have access to some crappy craftsman tools, table saw, CMS,...
52
52

tennis racquet
Does anyone know where I can get plans to make a tennis racquet? Any info would be vey much appreciated. thank you Robert
2
2

Wagon
Turned out pretty well for a first try. Wheels are spruce and douglas fir, with ash hubs, rest is poplar, axles are black gas pipe, box is 4 feet long. Up close there's a lot of room for improvement,...
14
14

Hegner saw
Currently one on ebay fixing to close soon. It is at $210. FYI Steve

Pin Router Update
Ok, well I finally decided to use my old benchtop Delta radial-arm drill press [should I say "RADP" in this forum :-) ] I don't guess many people have one of these, but it could have been done with a...
3
3

HMS Victory in 1:48 scale. Part 6.
I'd much rather see the real thing. nb
2
2

O/T: Ken And Edna
It's that time of year. Enjoy Lew --------------------------------- Ken and his wife Edna went to the state fair every year, And every year Ken would say, ' Edna , I'd like to ride in that...

What is it? Weekend Edition 4
These are all items that people have sent in to me, I know the answers for numbers 14 and 16: 14. I have already posted this tool on the web site several years ago, so you can test your memory on this...
25
25