Subject Author Posted Replies

Ne Project
I'm trying to get back into some woodworking. Since the great flood in August of 2019 my potential customers have been replacing damaged furniture with insurance money and I don't build to discounted...
9
9

How should I make this curve?
It will be 34.5" long, with a 32" radius according to Sketchup. I imagine s ome of you might do it with a band saw and a spindle sander, but that's not an option for me. I have done pattern routing in...
17
17

Lee Valley's AFD "Pause" now Permanent?
No new AFD tool again this year. Rob Lee, 1yr ago:
8
8

How fine do you sand?
I usually sand to 220 prior to staining. Curious as to what others do.
8
8

Value of radial arm saw drill
Wondering what the video value of my 1977 Sears/ Craftsman radial arm saw drill 113.23100 is in excellent condition
13
13

Planing Across The Grain, Just To Prevent Snipe
I'm still trying to learn things about my planer.... I need to plane some poplar down by no more than 1/32". However, the boards are already cut to length and have tenons on the ends. (Don't ask) I...
38
38

Popular Woodworking Update
It was recently posted that "Popular Woodworking" was or had filed for bankruptcy protection. Just received the following via email from them: A message for subscribers of Popular Woodworking magazine...

Joints - Really Good Ones
I'm not impressed. All of my joints look like these.
6
6

Joints
Planned desk "bridge" to hold video monitors and speakers: I have made a few modifications to my Sketchup drawing and have now bought the lumber. I have in fact lowered the video monitor height - as...
7
7

OT: Heating Mat under Tile
Has anyone had experience with installing a heating mat under tile? My ques tion is how to deal with the difference between sections of the floor with the heat mat, and sections that don't have the...
6
6

April Wilkergson
I don't know if any of you are familiar by this youngish woman. I discovered her about 3 years ago and I am impressed with the jobs she has taken on. She has a good presence and is mature, easy to...
2
2

Popular Woodworking Publisher files Chapter 11
The publisher of Popular Woodworking files for bankruptcy: At this time, unable to find any info as to the fate of Pop Woodworking. Another fine woodworking pub perhaps biting the dust. I really like...
3
3

Got a Jointer?
Have you tapered legs with your jointer? When you use this link to visit our sponsor, you support us► ISO Tunes: https://bit.ly/2mdAqcn More from Chuck Bender► Blog:...
9
9

Craftsman TS Arbor Replacement - Going In Through The Side Works Fine
It's parallel to fence and parallel to the miter slots. None of that changed. The only thing that changed is the location of the blade from a left-to-right perspective and I think I have figured out...
24
24

interesting laptop desk design
The use of the knothole is particularly slick, I think. 20s, silent video Source 17m video: Elijah ------ looks like a very heavy piece of furniture In this video I build a desk with hidden laptop...