Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: One Of Life's Lessons
I was about 13-14 and feeling my oats and expressing my vocabulary of profanity, especially using the word "Shit". Finally Mom had enough. "Son", she said, "you seem to be quite an expert on shit."...
4
4

Triton Mk3 work bench
Any one happen to have one of these handy work centres ?? I am trying to track down a replacement stick on type ruler measuring thingy. I have tried here in Australia, with no luck. So if i have to...
7
7

Interesting yard sale
Today, I went to a yard sale that was quite interesting. The man was 70 if he was a day, yet very sharp. I needed a pulley for my cement mixer, and he had some, but not the one I needed. "Wait, wait,...
19
19

OT: Royalty Free Music
I'm making a new intro to my podcast and I am in the need of some music. Would you happen to know of any good sites for FREE royalty free music? I find it ironic that royalty free music often times...
6
6

Bosch 1587 discounted at Lowes
My local Lowes had the Bosch 1587 jigsaw marked down to $65 tonight. Other Lowes may be doing the same thing, so if you're thinking about purchasing a jigsaw don't wait. Puckdropper
37
37

Now Over 160 Wood Species in I.D. Wood 2.0 Phone App.
I saw this ad somewhere in the and thought there might be some interest in it here. ======================= Now Over 160 Wood Species in I.D. Wood 2.0 For those of us who are already using I.D. Wood,...

Planning MDF?
I need to take some MDF down about an 1/8 of a inch. Piece is 3 inches by 8 inches. I can use a sander (belt), or the planer. I was thinking the planer knives would just dull up. It's not a one time...
23
23

"Cheap" paint
Did a price comparison on paint this week for some cabinets in the garage. MagnaMax from the local real paint store 30 bucks a gallon. Crap from Home Despot or Sears, 30 bucks a gallon. Well, that...
44
44

Flooring Finish Question (from a friend)
I was discussing the remodel of a friend's kitchen and suggested the use of SealCoat on the unfinished cabinets that he purchased, before the application of the polyurethane. I know that I have had...
1
1

OT: I need a good wheelbarrow
So I'm in the market for a 6 cu.ft. wheelbarrow and I'd like to get a nice beefy one - thick steel tray so I can mix mortar etc.. in it and it won't fall apart when I knock a hammer on the bottom to...
10
10

OT: Famous faces
This is kind of fun when you have some time to burn. I'm sure some of you have seen this, but here goes: legend is available.
35
35

What is it? Set 353
2034: I think it's an old police motorcycle siren? Seems I can remember some of them being driven off the rear tire... much like those little bicycle light generators (really alternators) that were...
2
2

Biscuit joiner
How many here have them and how many use them?
49
49

Freeman Pinner from Woodcraft
The current flyer has a Freeman pin nailer for sale for $39.99. I wouldn't mind having a pin nailer, but would only use it occasionally, so $39.99 is attractive. Does anyone have one? Is it an...
8
8

Attaching the countertop
Just a quick question. I've a pair of base cabinets that I'm building a countertop for. The countertop is around 5/8" thick wood. What's the normal procedure for attaching the counter top to the...
23
23