Subject Author Posted Replies

Making slots for table
Building a table, think torsion box-like. Will consist of several pieces of ply (it's not for furniture, sort of a hobby table), that interlock through slots. Cross pieces will lock with long-wise...
22
22

Triton Mk 3
Was wondering if any one has fitted a router to a triton work centre mk3 using nuts and bolts. This is what i want to do, but would like a few tips before doing so. Thank you Peter, Australia
5
5

Sacrificial jaws for a 12" vise?
I'm finally getting around to pulling my 12" Record vise out of storage and installing it on a workbench. I have a question about suitable jaw liners for the thing. Any suggestions on the best wood...
8
8

O/T: MagicJack
In the SFWIW category, I bought into the MagicJack package a couple of months ago. It performs as advertised. Inital purchase is $40.00 which covers MagicJack hardware and 1st year's service. Add a...
11
11

What is it? Set 354
2039- Old cars had these mounted on the dash board so you could see the traffic light if you were to far into the intersection to see the light. Jerry
42
42

What to use as a non-skid material on a circular saw guide? Suggestions?
I found the following post on a forum in the UK at 'm looking for suggestions for a material that can be used for the non-skid effect. As pointed out in other posts in this thread, the Carroll site is...
21
21

O/T: New Top Ten List
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------- Top Ten Reasons Why Men Prefer Guns Over Women And here we go... #10 -You can trade an old 44 for a new 22. #9 - You can keep one gun at home and have...
1
1

Comments on Sketchup
I have been using Sketchup for a few months now to design several projects and am generally very happy with it. I say generally, because "out of the box" it is time consuming and even at times...
70
70

SketchUp news ...
Google SketchUp tutorials. There are a number of really good sites. Sketchucation and Go2School are two of the better ones. Show the kiddies how to do a SU photo match of their building and they'll be...
2
2

White Spirits
Someone asked what white spirits is. I don't know what it is. Mineral spirits? They referenced the term as being used in England/ Britain. Sonny
9
9

hand saw info
I have 2 old Disston hand saw that I am trying to gather some more info on them before I pass them on to my 2 grandson. They were my grandfather and my father in law. One was from the 1917-1940 and...
15
15

Does anybody have a recommendation for a paint sprayer?
I am thinking about purchasing a paint sprayer but not necessarily to spray lacquer on furniture. I am looking to use it to do things like sealing my deck or painting my shutters or even painting the...
17
17

Microplane round rasp deal
Right now Microplane has a set with the large and small round rasps and the small square for under 20 bucks--at Woodcraft they'd be over 40. .

Restoring Antique Leather Chairs
I am looking for an advice on how to restore a set of six leather chairs. They were made in Vienna more than 100 years ago. I think it is a pigskin stretched over a wood frame and nailed on the...
36
36

Glider Rocker
I have recently built a glider rocker according to the plans rockler sells. I'm not to happy with it. Part of the problem is the "rocking" action due to what seems to be poor pivot geometry. Does...
1
1