Subject Author Posted Replies

Higher Amp battery - more power?
Hi folks, I have a Makita 18V Cordless Impact Driver (BTD141) and Drill (BHP452) set with 1.5A batteries. Compared to another 18V drill I have (Mastercraft), the Makitas lack power. These are the...
7
7

What is it? Weekend Edition 5
I don't know the answers for number 19 and 21: 18. Someone sent this in, I had a similar tool on the site a couple years ago, so you can test your memory with this one: The person who submitted the...
20
20

Lee Valley
I got to London a bit early today and had a couple of hours to kill. Angela's plane from Ottawa had a late start and had to fly into a pretty stiff breeze. So what is a man to do on Oxford Street, 3...
24
24

OT: Why I'm Depressed
---------------------------------------- Ye gad is this one is old and moldy. First time I heard it, kicked the slats out of the cradle. Lew
19
19

OT: Buffalo Springfield to play a weekend
Too cool. At least Stills, Furay, and Young. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/202900-Zz
5
5

O/T: Eddie Fisher
Time marches on. It was announced that Fisher had died tonight. He was 82. No other details, yet. Lew
13
13

OT:welllll sort of
Dragster powered by circular saws. Stay tuned. Festool will hire Herr Schumacher and compete! This mini dragster is a cut above its more conventional rivals – because this racing car is powered by...
5
5

Woodworker II Saw Blade / Boshield
A week or so ago I posted here asking for opinions about the WWII table saw blade. Based on the comments I got here I decided to buy one. Wow! I think I could split the atom with that thing! I got...
26
26

OT: Some stuff just cracks me up.
Some stuff just strikes me funnier than other stuff. A frame-of-mind thing maybe. I absolutely love dogs of all size and breeds and I am convinced they have a sense of humour. This dog had me in...
19
19

What is it? Set 355
The lens is green glass, that is what puzzels me. Jerry http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/MyWoodWorkingPage
2
2

H-Mortiser Update
I went and bought some drawer guides today for my DIY mortiser. There turned out to be way too much vertical slop after installing them. The roller skate bearings performed WAY better. Watch my...
14
14

Random thought: Right tilt vs left tilt
I strongly prefer a left tilt table saw as most do (except lefties I suppose).I sometimes see right tilt saw for sale pretty cheap, like an old unisaw for a few hun. What if you swaped the wires on...
28
28

Final Comments on Sketchup
The light finally went on!!!! Last week I posted my comments on Sketchup about the inability of using Sketchup to provide drawings to build from. From that posting I received many useful and helpful...
4
4

Finished it today. (Last kitchen)
No more after this. As a favour to Angela's bestest friend (and here I thought that was me) I got involved with this project and saw it to its completion. Monday I installed the corbels in the island...
27
27

apple wood stump
My neighbour finally dug the apple stump out of the ground. This is about 2ft in diameter and weighs about 160 lb. I've heard several ways to dry out the burled wood without cracking, but I've never...
1
1