Subject Author Posted Replies

Cheap Linear Bearing Solution
I'm still struggling with my X,Y tables for my H-mortiser. I've tried full extension drawer guides and they had way too much vertical slop. I also looked at under-mount slides today at Woodcraft and...
19
19

OT - Further Proof.........Gringos are second class citizens
And here, I thought Leviton was a US company. I purchased a couple of 220V plugs to wire the surface planer and dust collector I bought last week. The instruction sheet was printed on both sides. One...
1
1

AKEDA Dovetail Jig Learning
Live and learn. (You probably have to have used an AKEDA jig to follow this.) Long story short, snap the guides in from the bottom when cutting in the vertical position even though the manual implies...
1
1

Infinity Ripper Blade
Bought one a year or so back and had only used it to rip some 6/4 QSWO, which it did well. My latest project involved ripping about 50 linear feet of 8/4 cherry. My Forrest WWII rips well, but it...

Help Explain Please
Every time a read an article from FWW regarding table saw alignment or miter gauge alignment that involves trial and error test cuts and plastic squares, a little bit of vomit climbs my throat. Never...
22
22

Metal Lathe
Since you folks have helped to cultivate me into a "tool junkie", I have the following question. Which, if any, of the metal lathes/mills on the following page would you buy, and why (what would you...
26
26

Shop with an exterior platform. What type of flooring would hold up?
I have my shop in a not-big-enough shed. Several of my machines are on hard rubber dolly wheels. I'm thinking of building a 8' x 10'platform/deck outside the front door. I want it so that I'd have a...
39
39

O/T: Whew It's Toasty
Hit 113F in L/A today, an all time high. It's still 105F outside my window at 5:30PM PDST as this is being typed. Fall arrived last week. Oh well, it beats snow and 0F. Lew
52
52

Fein Vacuums: Adapting to 2.5" Hoses?
My 8 gallon ShopVac just died. My biggest complaint (other than cheap motor bearings) is that even the "Quiet Suction Power" version is still too loud to run without ear protection for more than a few...
28
28

Anyone want a pedal-powered canoe (in the UK)?
Hi folks, When I was a teenager I built a pedal-powered canoe. It's made out of plywood without any curves, sealed by mastic in screwed-down joints, and has parts of a child's bike as the propulsion...
4
4

Mountain laurel -- gluing?
Woodcraft had a few small turning squares, priced cheap. Beautiful stuff. Looks like a good substitute for rosewood, which leads me to ask... does this need to be wiped down with lacquer thinner or...

To Brian, regarding Horizontal mortiser
Hey, I'm curious to know if you, or anyone else here though about the use of a radial arm saw frame and carriage as the basis for a horizontal mortiser. I have not read all of your text on your...
7
7

Trash Can Cyclone Seal
We made a run to Grizzly Springfield early this week and bought a G0453P surface planer and a 1029Z 2HP dust collection system. The dust collector came with the trash can cyclone adapter. Our son-in-...
4
4

H-Mortiser: Getting close!!
This thing is going to be pretty cool. I've never been more excited about a project before this one. Matthias of Woodgears gave me a copy of his plans and they have been a nice guide as I build this...
2
2

Global Traders of Floor, Furniture, Fiber Boards, Plywood, Hardwood, Softwood, Bamboo Products
provides a variety of service for Importers & Exporters For Logs, Veneers, Timber, Plywood , Floor, Furniture, Fiber Boards, Wood Components, Bamboo Products, Tools & Equipment . Almost all the...