Subject Author Posted Replies

Halloween Scroll Sawing
I have been doing quite a bit of halloween scroll sawing projects lately. I never really got into scrolling before but for some reason I have really enjoyed it this year. Here are some of the...
1
1

WOW...jet dust collection
My step father stopped at a garage sale down the street from him and noticed the owner selling woodworking tools/equipment. He called me to tell me what the guy had and see if I was interested in...
6
6

Sometimes it pays to be a woodworker!!
Woodworking can be a very rewarding hobby. The smile on someone's face when you give them a handcrafted gift, or when you help friends or family save money on a project. And for me it may have...
10
10

Oklahoma State Cowboys
If we win out, we can be in the BCS Championship Game. Food for thought. s
1
1

Speaking of paint
Regardless of what enamel and latex _really_ are, here's a lovely set of vintage paint can labels. Dieline is a global package design community and showcase of package design inspiration. We cover...

Live Free or Die Antique Tool Auction
The auction in the subject line came to Indianapolis this weekend--besides for taking absentee bids, it looks like they also visit Avoca, NY and Nashua, NH which I believe is their home base. This was...
2
2

What is it? Weekend Edition 7
These photos were all sent in to me, I don't know the answer for number 28: 26. I had posted one of these a little while ago:...
11
11

RIDGID MagSwitch Featherboard
by MagSwitch Recently reduced in price by 10 bucks, down to $30. I've always thought these devices were way overpriced for what they do.... and I still think the $50 ones are...... but at 30 bucks, I...
21
21

Milwaukee Buffer question
I recently asked for advice on some old power tools my Dad is only too anxious to export from his garage to mine. I took a couple that I had an immediate use for, but saw another not- as-old tool that...
4
4

Carbide router bit and acrlyic
Read this group all the time, but wow, haven't posted here in years. Now I have a question concerning the use of a router bit to round off the edges of a piece of acrlyic. Good idea or bad? Will the...
16
16

Now THAT is a drill!
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/10/15/world/europe/international-us-swiss-tunnel.html?_r=1&hp http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/10/15/world/europe/international-us-swiss-tunnel.html?_r=1
7
7

Re: A Cleaver Idea
Since winter is on it's way I will give a tip. "Don't eat yellow snow" ww DeSoto Solar Home Page
4
4

Removing sanding sleeves
I recently purchased a PC oscillating drum sander. Works well. I am not sure about method(s) of removing the sleeves from the drum without damaging the rubber on the drum. I am sure someone out there...
14
14

Old saw blade question
Part of the things I got after the death of my Dad a few years ago was a cabinet with several (20-30) blades for a the old Delta TS he had. I don't believe any of them are "name brand" blades. There...
17
17

Woodworkers Journal Heads-up
I subscribed to WJ in August, and I went to their website last night to investigate why I had not received any issue. I assumed it was just a matter of waiting another week or two. After I logged onto...
3
3