Subject Author Posted Replies

Bosch 12" axial-glide miter saw.
This is different: http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/reviews/power-tools/bosch-axial-glide-miter-saw-top-products-2010http://www.boschtools.com/Innovation/Pages/GCM12SD-Glide-Miter-Saw.aspx
25

cabinet shelves options
Yeah, you sold the business and retired. Now everyone you know (and many you don't yet know) has projects for you. Y'know, since you have all the time in the world to do 'em. Retirement AIN'T for...
45
45

Looking for ideas on barn renovation
It's an old barn, (I mean _real_ old, older than the US). Pole and beam construction with vertical plank sheathing. There's a gap between the planks and most of them have knotholes. No historical...
7
7

OT: drat
Not if your girlfriend's in a coma. -- An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -- Sir Winston Churchill
14
14

OT: Halloween Costume
Camouflage suit doesn’t hide burglar.

What is it? Set 359
I saw it -- after the posting above. :-) How tall was the cane exclusive of the spike? It strikes me that it would require bending over an uncomfortable amount to use it as a microscope stand. (Now --...
8
8

grr-ripper opinions
Then you aren't the target audience, so don't buy it. Well, I dunno about you but I find them useful things to have. So to you the choices are to use a shopmade pushstick or go overboard?
56
56

Tool replacement parts
Hello all, I misplaced the outside blade washer for my Bosch 4000 TS while using my dado blade. I went to 2 local tool repair shops and one did not have it in stock but offered to order it for me. The...
4
4

New hobby. (woodworking related on many levels: building a bar.)
Project scope: 8 Apartments, to be fully renovated. Bar and restaurant on the Front Street side. Retail space and Tea-room on the Christina Street side. This building is a city block long and spans 2...
37
37

FYI: interesting Craigslist post
I'm not in the market for this, but I thought someone might find this interesting. http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/tls/2015443362.html
4
4

WoodSlicer Bandsaw Blade Give Away!
I recently picked up a sponsor Highland Woodworking! What does that mean for you? Well, I'm going to be giving away free schtuff every so often to a lucky woodworker! Enter to win a WoodSlicer bandsaw...
7
7

Playing with 3D. My mortiser in 3D
Playing with 3D. If you have Blue - Red 3D glasses check out my mortiser in 3D. More to come. http://www.garagewoodworks.com/3D_Wood

My week
About a week ago, I was sanding with a PC ROS hooked up to my Shop Vac QSP when the vac decided not to turn off and on with the sander. So off to Woodcraft and came home with a Fein Turbo II. Much...
70
70

SketchUp Guide for Woodworkers
Meant to mention this earlier .... Tim Killen over at Fine Woodworking's "Design, Click Build" has a new pdf format book out last week (Oct 16,2010): "SketchUp Guide for Woodworkers" his demonstrated...
2
2

Tapered Display Tower, from Colorado beetle-kill pine
Technically, it=92s just about=92 finished. The 1/4=94 baltic birch ply that I used as backer did NOT take the stain well, so I=92ll either re-do it, or replace it with a pine backer, either T&G or...
5
5