Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: A Little Levity
Recent VHF Radio traffic on the marine hailing frequency: (CH 16) Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------ "Kettle Black, Kettle Black, Kettle Black. This is the Pot calling the Kettle Black."
1

Cutting Board material
What type of wood do people recommend I use for cutting boards. Thanks.
71
71

HF Multitool - Another reason I didn't know I needed one
Broke down a month or two ago and bought their top of line multi-tool with no clear reason why I needed it. It is the kind of tool that you find good reasons for owning, as I have discovered several...
8
8

Questin on SS Belts
Recently I read a question on Stroke Sander Belts, Belts for these machines can be purchased through Abbott/Treat Suppliers In Lawrenc, Mass My favorite brand are norton belts they last longer/ Stroke...

New Woodworking Show / Public TV / Tommy Mac
Boston's public TV station, WGBH, is going to start a new show. With enough interest, other PBS stations should pick it up. Cut=97Woodworking with Tommy Mac The series invites viewers into the...
8
8

Cameroon exporters of sawn lumber and round timbers
Export sawn and Round timber from Cameroon http://www.towood.com/shop.php?action=infod

Finishing a new bathroom cabinet
I just finished making a bathroom cabinet. Construction is birch ply panels with poplar for trim work. SWMBO wants it painted to sort of complement the floor tile. Are there any paints that are...
7
7

Contact the Air Sponge Filter co.
Air Sponge Filter Company Contact the Air Sponge Filter co. Sponge Filter co. offers a full line of furnace filters, air conditioning and ac filters for home or office filter for furnace,furnace...

2 Bench Shop Model
I updated my SketchUp vision of my workshop tonight to include two workbenches. I grew up using a machinist's vise and I have one ready to install. The main point I was thinking about when I drew this...
74
74

Check out my awesome new way to make beaded Face Frames w/pics and vid!
Don't care to retype it, Click this link, you, David. http://www.woodweb.com/galleries/project/posts/2949.htmlThank
1
1

OT: World's biggest Photovoltaic farm in Sarnia
Just a few miles west of there I have witnessed hailstones that broke a woman's car mirror. That area get large hail stones? Wonder how solar panels handle that? WW
43
43

OT: Another Labor Union Chooses Death (kinda long)
Well, it just so happens that this afternoon I saw the Wichita Eagle story -- it isn't quite so dire a situation as the OP's post makes it sound at the moment anyway. What H-B announced was...
22
22

Anyone Using Board Buddies?
Apparently you missed the "lateral adjustment" comment by Mike and the "angle" comment in my original post. That allows you to angle the wheels as much or as little as you like to provide varying...
16
16

RYOBI AP10 Surface Planer
I have a Ryobi AP10 Surface Planer that I need an operators manual for. Anyone have one they can scan or know where I can get one. Thanks, Roanin
6
6

Shop heater
While the rainy season makes its debut here in Northern Calif., my thoughts turn to heating the shop. I'm thinking of buying the Lee Valley shop heater: shop is a single car garage stall so not large...
7
7