Subject Author Posted Replies

Drilling bench dog holes?
My 1-3/4" thick solid laminated maple work bench is exactly that, solid. That means no dog holes. Anyone have experience drilling 3/4" diameter bench dog holes that are actually vertical as they...
78
78

slightly on topic; battery chargers for cordless drills.
Hey All, I wonder if anyone out there notices this phenomenon when charging the batteries on your cordless drills or other tools. I have three brands of cordless drills. My oldest is a Dewalt 12 volt,...
6
6

Do you find yourself sneaking out to the shop in the middle of the night?
Do you hide credit card bills from your spouse?
6
6

What is it? Weekend set 9
These items were all sent to me in the last couple of weeks by people looking to find out what they are. The first one hasn't been on the web site before, the next three were posted on the site...
15
15

Veneer just one side of MDF?
I'd like to build a fireplace mantel that features veneered panels. Unlike say a cabinet door, the other side of the panel will never be seen. Is it neccesary to veneer both sides? Does MDF move with...
18
18

Color of cherry
I felled a black cherry tree in my yard and now I'm milling the wood from it. I am finding all of this wood to be about the color of Maple, maybe a wee bit darker. How come whenever you see any Cherry...
54
54

(Wooden) block plane blade
I've been reading recently about tempering and annealing steel. Anyone here already tried to make a block plane blade out of a file? Seems like building such a tool would be very satisfying if it...
15
15

China National Plywood Standard
China National Plywood Standard http://www.towood.com/news_detail.php?id=462&title=China_National_Plywood_Standard http://www.towood.com/news_detail.php?id=462
1
1

Why you should change your vehicle to flex fuel
Dear Everyone, as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil is causing wars, terror, oil spills and a lot of greenhouse gases. By...
4
4

51 Years Ago
Sound familiar? Lew -------------------------------------- Fifty-one years ago, Herman James, a North Carolina mountain man, was drafted by the Army. On his first day in basic training, the Army...

US Veteran's Day
From one veteran to all others: I want to thank you for your service to our country. Hope you're having a great day.
86
86

Price List of Large Size Film Faced Plywood
Price List of Large Size Film Faced Plywood http://www.towood.com/news_detail.php?id=463&title=Price_List_of_Large_Size_Film_Faced_Plywood http://www.towood.com/news_detail.php?id=463
1
1

What is it? Set 362
A piston ring expander? Enjoy, DoN.
5
5

Some pics of The Belfast Grande project
There will be 7 Extira panels flanking the pub's doorways: will be a celtic cross in the main sign: of the pubs is called the Red Fox: The birth of the fox from a solid block of HDU the finished, but...
19
19

CPOworkshop.com Experience
I ordered a piece of machinery "in stock for next day delivery", my credit card was charged and I was emailed 5 days later that my item is expected to ship in about 3 months (a date was given). I...
144
144